Direct TV reception is poor in our area of southern VA and we have a clear view to the satellite.We lose reception during all storms regardless how thick the clouds are.

We have also lost reception during clear weather. The HD channel selection is not great and the clarity of the picture for some channels is poor. What you get for the price of the HD reciever and reception is not great. Tried to terminate service and they said it would cost $400.

When compared to COMCAST in MD, there is no comparison.

COMCAST is significantly better.My advise - don't walk, run away before you contract with DIRECT TV!

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

DIR-TV -HD-CLOODS-I CALL PUZZALS UP-DIZZAL-RAIN -SNOW -NO SIGNAL-HOW DO I FIXS THIS -OR HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS CONTACT-NOT VERY HAPPY -NEXT DOOR HAS CABLE -HD NO PROBLUME

I'm in WI and we have 3 tvs 2 big screens and a small one, all on direct tv and the picture sucks. I've ruled out cables ect and its the signal that is no good, all 3 have the same poor qualtiy picture.

Atlanta is terrible too!!Local HD channels sound is bad, picture freezes.

Started out on ABC, but ABC is now ok, NBC is bad. But only happens with local channels.

Oylmpics have been disappointment.But trying to call Direct TV is the biggest JOKE!