1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I switched from Direct TV to U Verse.Direct TV was supposed to send me a return kit which they didn't until I called them 3 weeks later.

They sent me a return kit and I promptly returned their equipment with UPS. Approximately a month later, I noticed Direct Tv made an unauthorized withdraw from my checking account on the equipment I had returned! I called them and told them the charge was incorrect and they had no authorization to access my account. They acknowledged the charge was wrong and that even though I never was set up for automatic payment deductions they keep our card information on file!!

I was promised a credit to my checking account within 5 -10 days. On day 5 I called to check on the status. The lady I spoke with this time , first told me she would issue a credit to my next month's Direct TV bill. I told her I was no longer a Direct TV customer and this needed to be credited to my checking (where they took it out of).

She informed they couldn't do that but could issue me a check which would take 30 days! I said this was unacceptable and I needed to speak with her Manager or somewhere I could issue a complaint. The next lady I spoke to, after hearing me repeat the whole story again said she needed to transfer me to Billing. I then spoke with Billing who said they could credit my checking account in 10 days.

I told her I had doubts they would follow through since I had been told so many different stories. She then told me she could guarantee I would be issued a credit in 10- 15 days....yet another story. Again, I asked for someone that I could issue a formal complaint with. She said she couldn't give me that information.

I asked to speak to her Manager and she said Customer Service does not work that way???? She then abruptly said she would transfer me and disconnected me. I had a similar experience using the chat feature online. They absolutely will not let you speak with a Manager or give you information such as a name of who you can file a complaint with.

Anyone with similar experiences?Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Kellyb2016 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Directv. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $56 and wants Directv to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was 1-800-who-cares lines. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Directv and directv customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments