We hoped to upgrade our receiver box to a standard definition "DVR plus".

The Direct TV website shows a black slim box priced at $99, and states "With DIRECTV, you can set your home DVR with any cell phone or computer."

1. When I contacted customer service, they refused to sell us a box at $99 and insisted that we extend our account

for an additional 2 years, whereupon they would supply the box at no cost and would drop the monthly rental on the DVR

for 2 years.

2. When the installation technician arrived, he informed us that the DVR requires an extra cable from the satellite dish, but he offered

only to run it outside the building from the roof and through a window on the second floor. Such external wiring is not allowed

in our neighborhood.

3. After installing 60 feet of cable at our own expense, the next technician unpacked a box that did not resemble the one

advertised on the website: it had a silver finish; was larger; and had no ethernet jack to connect to a computer for remote programming.

He refused to reinstall our DVR receiver, saying that he had done his job and he left us with no service.

4. Customer service has not been responsive and the web site still claims that the standard definition DVR can

connect to a remote computer.

Review about: Directv Installation.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

DIRECTV IS THE BIGGEST DISHONEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER CAME IN CONTACT WITH!II WAS TOLD AT SIGN UP THAT I NEEDED A DEPOSIT OF $200.00 WHICH I PAID ONLY TO FIND OUT (AFTER THEY CANCELED MY SERVICE) THAT NOT ONLY WAS MY "DEPOSIT" WASN'T REALLY A DEPOSIT BUT A FEE!!

R U FING KIDDING ME - A FEE??? I WOULD HAVE NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SIGNED UP HAD I KNOWN I WAS BASICALLY PAYING 200.00 JUST TO SIGN UP AND MY DEPOSIT WOULD NOT ONLY BE NON - REFUNDABLE BUT WOULD NOT APPLY TOWARD MY LAST BILL. I WAS CHARGED A TOTAL OF 580.00 - FOR NOTHING.. AND TO AVOID THIS I WAS TOLD IF I RESTORED SERVICES I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY $215.00 OF THAT BILL..

SO I PAID THE 215.00 AND WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE RECONNECTION DEPARTMENT ONLY FOR THE *** TO INFORM ME "YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR AUTO-PAY BEFORE WE CAN RECONNECT YOUR SERVICE" I AM FURIOUS - I CANT BELIEVE THE OUTRIGHT LIES AND DECEPTION!!!!

I AM GOING ALL THE WAY WITH THIS AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE OUT THERE TO GET THE WORD OUT - REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND YOUR STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE - I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE TYPE OF COMPANIES - WHERE ARE THE RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER - UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!THE WORST EVER!!!!