I have been a customer of direct TV for about 2 years. Recently Direct TV sent me a notice in the mail and on my e-mail urgently wanting me to call and change out my equipment because my local area was doing something that affect the local channels and I would not be able to get them. I received numerous letters and E-mail's indicating this.

I contacted direct TV and of course while I was on the phone I got the sales pitch. We can give you Free HBO and then if you don't want it after the 3 month's you cancel at no charge. Also Let me give you Free HD channels for 3 month's, once again you need to call by a specific date to cancel. Guess what before the date I was suppose to cancel I got a charge for the "Free" HD channels. Surprise! I was taught long ago nothing is free,but I continue to get sucked in.

Every time I call Direct TV I get a totally differant answer or they never listen to you, they just keep repeating their answer like a recording. So

back to me getting the equipment. I call for the equipment, apparently when you order different equipment then they consider that an upgrade. I was told by the installer they send out the upgrade because my old system would not be capable of doing what was needed. Turns out the reason I now had to have an installer out(cost me 19.99) because my system was now a DVR and he had to do something to the dish? Here's the kicker,Direct TV automatically extends you contract to an additional 24 month's when you upgrade. Here's the biggest News Flash! They don't tell you! That's right I was never told, or signed anything agreeing to a 24 month extension. What a Rip off. Oh you want to cancel? How about 20.00 a month for the remaining amount of your new contract! (Extortion!) I was so upset after telling my story 3 times and a 4Th person will be calling be back. I have a serious heart condition and these people have aggravated be every time I call. It's funny how the big companies get big my screwing the little guys!

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments