2.3K views

Complaint Rating:

I have been with Direct TV for the past 6 years and up until this morning, I was pleased with the service.

My parents signed up with Direct TV three months ago, and did so via online. There was no field to put in a referral, so after signing up, they called it in.

The rep said they would apply the credit to both of our accounts.

Fast forward 3 months & we both haven't seen the credit. So I called.

The Rep told me that it was too late & that our referral had been "denied" huh? How can it be denied when the new customer called to add our account as the referral only days after online ordering & before service was even installed?

I also go the "courtesy" offer...to deduct $10.00 off my bill for the next 6 months.

I told him that although I appreciated the offer, I was still very upset over how this issue had been handled, and that if I didn't know better, it seemed like they were trying to scam us.

At this point the rep said to call the referral 800 number to try & talk to someone about it. If the other person's compaint is any indication, Im not holding out much hope.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Livonia, Michigan, United States #1223143

Get $100 with any deal or package from DirectTV, using the link and code below!

Link: http://www.directv.com/friend/AENM03MT0SF

DirectTV Referral Code: 7713215

Faber, Virginia, United States #1209756

Sign up and get a $100 visa and $100 off your bill for @ $10 a month for 10 months...Please pay the kindness forward!

My account number is 26577427, Name Jeff Arrington from Bedford Va. 24523. Please mention it over the phone at time of sign up or WE will NOT receive the credits.

.Thanks for paying if forward..

This worked great!The installer was here for nine hours yesterday and did a fantastic job.

Please pay the kindness forward! My account number is 11691779, name Ryan Anderson from Antelope CA.

And don't forget to ask for the $150 new customer Visa prepaid gift card too!

Thanks again for paying it forward!

Ryan Anderson account number 11691779 Antelope, Calif.

Carmichael, California, United States #1154321

This actually worked great for me.I'm sorry you had difficulties.

The installer was here for nine hours yesterday and did a fantastic job. This morning, after he left, I received an email stating that I would be receiving $100 in bill credits along with you!

And don't forget to ask for the $150 new customer Visa prepaid gift card too!

Thanks again for paying it forward!Ryan Anderson account number 11691779 Antelope, Calif.

The best way to sign up is online.See the link below and use my account info.

I still have 6 open spaces available for referrals.Thanks.

Brad Berger

Account #3313129

Zip Code 80403

If you're signing up for DirecTV, give a friend's account number for $10.00 off your bill for 10 months! My account number is 26570700. Feel free to use it!

Pass it forward I used previous comment account #, help me out! and pass mine forward

account # 65521288 or go to this link

directv.com/friend/AEN40BNK17A

name Chris Wallack

Feel free to use my information to get $100.

Name: Dena Whalen

Account number: 3489741

Don't feel lonely, I had a friend give me one of the referral cards and I had it installed through Century link who could not provide me with anything of use.I told the about the card and was told to give it to the installer.

The installer told me to call it in around two hours after my TV was set up. Did that and was told to wait several days after activation and email it in on web site. Tried that and was denied access. Finally got a Tech.

to help me get signed in and still would not take my neighbors number. Called again and was told by a guy who couldn't speak English well enough to understand, that it was not on record that I had tried to get it. He told me to call another number. I finally told him where to go.

This is a complete rip off scam set up.I have to wonder if anyone has ever gotten one of these rebates ?

Use my account number and save $10 off per month for 10 months! $100 savings on top of their best deal.

Account No. 7713215