My conversation with Direct TV 1/5/2017 DirecTV: Hello!Thanks for choosing DIRECTV Chat.

DirecTV: Your approximate wait time is 5 minutes. Johanna M: Hello, my name is Johanna M. I'll be happy to assist you. Give me a moment to review your request.

Ann: I am a long time customer of Direct TV and I have to say how disappointed I am with not being able to access NBC due to contract negotiations between you and them. Seeing that I am paying for something I cannot access, I would like a discount on my next billing statement. Johanna M: Nice to meet you, Ann Johanna M: Thanks for sharing that with me Ann: Hello Johanna M: I'll be more than happy to discuss with you what is happening with the NBC negotiation :) Johanna M: What is happening is that DIRECTV's contract with your local to provide their programming to you is due to expire at the end of the month, and both sides are negotiating what the new contract is going to be. We do this with all of our channels from time to time, but most of the time, you never see it.

What is happening now is that they are looking for a higher price, and here at DIRECTV, we're working to keep our prices as low as possible. Ann: I realize that but seeing that it's their problem. I still would like my next billing statement to be credited Johanna M: Ann I agreed with you as well, In fact we both should be credited since we are both customers and NBC is blocking the channels for us. So in this case I would advice you to contact NBC so they can credit you because they are causing the issue.

DIRECTV will never remove the channels from your lineup. Period. Station owners may try to avoid their responsibilities to you, but make no mistake: the station owners are the only ones who can decide to take away your local stations and they should compensate you in this case Ann: I'm not paying NBC I am paying Direct TV, NBC cannot credit me something that I am not paying directly to them. I've been with Direct TV for so long that I am no longer under contract with them.

I am free to take my business elsewhere without penalty. I realize this may not mean much to you however, as far as customer service goes and DirectTV wanting to keep their customers, I would think you would have some consideration into granting a credit. If you are not able to do this, please ask your Supervisor or Manager. Time Warner is offering some really great prices at the moment, and I will need to consider changing to them.

Johanna M: Ann, in this case after checking the promotions available, I can offer you: $5 Off SPORTS PACK for 3 months ($15 Value) Johanna M: Also, we have this promotion: 2 for 1 STARZ / SHOWTIME for 3 Months ($42 Value) Ann: I've spent months in getting Direct TV to *** the Sports package. I don't want you to upsell a product to me. I'm looking for a credit, I'm not looking to spend more money on a company that does not care about their customers Johanna M: Ann, please accept my sincere apology, however right now there are no credits available Ann: Have you checked with your Supervisor and Manager? Johanna M: I'll check with my supervisor right now, I'm sending your account so it's reviewed.

Please allow me a few minutes Ann: Thank you Johanna M: You are most welcome Johanna M: Ann, I appreciate your time Johanna M: My supervisor did everything in her power to find a credit in this case, however it was not possible since the offers on the account are only for the premiums, we don't have discounts or credits at the moment. I'm so sorry Johanna M: I have not received any response from you. Please let me know if you are receiving my chats so that we can continue. Ann: This is interesting.

I cannot believe a company of your size and revenue cannot give even a small token such as a discount for services being paid for but not being received Johanna M: I do apologize for the inconvenience Ann: I will share this conversation with every public website and twitter to let your customers know how much Direct TV cares about them. Ann: Thank you for your time Johanna M: Ann, when contract disputes arise over station owners unnecessary increases in what you should pay for these free over-the-air stations, DIRECTV will never remove them from your lineup. Period. Station owners may try to avoid their responsibilities to you, but make no mistake: the station owners are the only ones who can decide to take away your local stations.

Ann: Well they take it away when Direct TV decided not to pay them fairly for their stations. I can't blame them. Johanna M: Is there anything else I can help you with?

I'd be glad to assist.Send

Review about: Directv Tv Package.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments