I had Direct TV for about 12 years, in that time we had boxes replaced with a new one.Watch Out!

they out source their repairs and they try to get an additional fee when they are at your house saying oh there is an additional instalation fee and please make the check out to the installer. I contacted Direct immediately and they confirmed there were no additonal instalation fees due. Wow! how many people have fallen for that and given the installer that check?

Do Not Pay It!!

We also had an installer take one of our boxes, we were trading in for a DVR with him when he left; we did not find out that we were still being charged for the old box for three years until we cancelled Direct TV and at that time they informed us that we were supposed to turn the old box in. Another WOW!

why didn't they tell us that at the time we were being a good customer and upgrading to a better box what the process was.I tried to get the money back but with no success because I was no longer a Direct TV customer so I had no leverage.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #199116

I have only been a customer for 10 months, yet have been ripped off over and over again, but NOT just by contractors!!This company must be stopped.

They are greedy, ruthless and UNWILLING to assist even with a disability issue regarding the LOSS of sound on their service. They are a BAD company! Just saw Undercover Boss with CEO Mike White.

He needs to hear this.RD