Signed up for Direct TV in June 2008. My impression was that i was for a contract for 12 months, well i was told today but a customer service rep that it was an agreement for 18 months.. odd.

Ok, so i said well, we'll keep everything the same until December which is when the 18 months run,then i asked for a copy of the agreement because i really though it was 12 months and wanted it to reference so i don't "forget" again.

Rep's reply was to go online and i'll find a copy. So obediently i logged on and found the only reference per the below

Fees/Frequency Explanation

Programming Agreements 24 months of service for at least $29.99/month You agree to pay for 24 consecutive months of a $29.99/month or greater programming package.

So now the irritation begins to creep up, i certainly did not sign up for 2 years AND i was just told 18 months. Called back, long story short requested for the agreement in writing as apparently the above only applys to HD receivers, mine was standard, but "where does it say that?" "may i please have a copy?" i was first told they don't have it to send me in writing, nothing like that to get the blood boiling. Finally i was told that a copy will be sent to me i will receive it in 3-4 days. Today is April 8th 2009. i will be back to let you know what happens.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Regarding your comments about Direct TV's invisible contracts:

First, you should be sure of your information before you accuse. I have been a customer of Direct TV for 12 years and am very happy. I chose to not deal with the companies who claim to be Direct TV, when in fact they are only trying to make a fast buck. I dealt directly with Direct TV and NEVER was I fed a false statement in order for a representative to make a sale. Either you want the service, or you do not. I still deal directly with Direct TV and not with some franchise company and/or individual. If you want the straight story call customer service and not the company you dealt with. Make sure the flier you get in the mail is from Direct TV and not some other company.

It's too bad that there are dishonest people in this world, but they do exist. Be sure of your facts before you accuse.

Regarding your comments about Direct TV's invisible contracts:

First, you should be sure of your information before you accuse. I have been a customer of Direct TV for 12 years and am very happy. I chose to not deal with the companies who claim to be Direct TV, when in fact they are only trying to make a fast buck. I dealt directly with Direct TV and was NEVER was I fed a false statement in order for a representative to make a sale. Either you want the service, or you do not. I still deal directly with Direct TV and not with some franchise company and/or individual. If you want the straight story call customer service and not the company you dealt with. Make sure the flier you get in the mail is from Direct TV and not some other company.

Always read the little print!I called about an ad I got in the mail and the gal on the phone never mentioned the contract term being 18 mos.

When I asked her about it because I noticed it wayyyy on the bottom in teeny tiny print she agreed that yes it was for 18 mos but they would send me a 75 dollar Visa gift card if I signed up right now. I said "but the special offer is for 12 mos, I have to pay the extra 6 mos at the regular price - how the heck is a 75 dollar gift card going to make that much of a difference?" she said that a lot of the people from my area (minorities for your info) like to get something right away. I told everyone at my church don't be fooled.

They try to take advantage.Be on guard its your $$$$.