I have been a Direct TV customer since 2006.IN April of 08 we decided 2 get new DVR boxes because A, we liked the feature and B one of our old boxes kept freezing.

We decided to Cancel this month because we are having some financial problems. When we called DTV they told us that when we signed the Work Order for the boxes being installed that automatically signed us up for another 2 years. We were NEVER told of this. The agents at DTV were rude and not even willing to work with us.

We have filed a complaint with the BBB and I feel everyone else who has had this problem should also. They can not continue to get away with this.

Especially since they are now trying to charge us 380 to cancel.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #35528

LadyDi -

I would file a complaint with the BBB.We did, we just got a rebuttal from direct tv today actually.

They are claiming they informed us for hte 2 years extention when they called us, which they never did.

We sent our own rebuttal back challenging them to pull the phone call and prove it.We actually linked this website to the e-mail so they can see all the complaints.

I terminated my service, I paid in full, returned my boxes promptly,,,I never tied my phone lines into my TV, had a zero balance...got a zero balance bill..

now I get a bill 92 dollars for some *** someone supposedly looked at in Sept '07...they said they could bill me because it was found out when I returned my box and the tech looked at it..Have you ever heard of anything so crazy??? anybody have a simular stories email me...dyannpa@yahoo.com

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #32709

Thanks, for the info. I am in NJ and while I haven't heard about any court cases here, it won't hurt to look into it. I'll keep you all updated!

tz101

I heard recently about a court case in California that outlaws early cancellation fees for cell phone contracts.Since this seems like a similar scenario, it might be worth looking into whether this applies to satellite television contracts as well.

Pretty unethical that they "forgot" to inform you of the contract extension.

Kind of convenient on their part.Best wishes and my prayers are with you.