In November of 2009 I switched from Comcast to Direct TV to take advantage of the NFL ticket + the promotional offer.I was told by Dave that I could have the premier package for three months and then drop down to the choice package in February.

This would allow me to watch all my games and then drop down to a more affordable package. I specifically asked if when I switched packages after the first three months if I would still be able to get the choice promotional offer of $29.99. He said "absolutley"! It is now January 8th and I am on hold with Direct TV.

I am being told that the three month thing was a lie...well not a lie..just "mis information". The promotional period for the premier package is 5 months and isn't up until April 19th. At that time if I want to downgrade I will not be able to get the choice promotional offer. Apparently you can only take advantage of one of the promotional offers.

If you're thinking about switching from cable to Direct TV think long and hard about it.Direct TV has consistently lied to me about prices and promotional offers.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Wimauma, Florida, United States #112730

I am having the exact same issue.I can sign up for NFL ticket for the promotional price for the 5 months, then I can downgrade to the remaining months for another package at the promotional price.

The guy on the phone told me the same thing.

I too was lied too.Now I am getting the same run around.