Needed cable and didn't want Comcast.Upon getting through Direct TV 888-662-2276 I was greeted by a CONGRATULATIONS: You called during POWER HOUR which entitles to a special offer from Direct TV.

To make a long story short and after an hour-and-a-half on the phone transferring me around, putting me hold, the offer went from getting started at $20 to $200.

Prior to getting this bad news, I had already started the process by giving them my social security number (this may come back to *** me in the butt so I'll take care of it).I will be contacting the BBB and their corporate offices about this complaint.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Ciel

If you always read the footnotes on advertisements, then you would understand that all companies will indicate "must meet qualification" or something about a qualification.

Hopefully they did not sign you up.They needed you SS number to check your credit rating and that is where the $20 went to $200

possibly your credit rating is not the highest it could be. DTV wants a high credit rating and signup for auto bill pay in order to qualify for the $20. This is Good news because you did not become another victim of DirectTV.