Direct TV sold us service for 29.99 for the first 12 months and our first bill was $60.99. I called to complain and they said they would take care of it and I asked them to cancel the service if they can't take care of it. I paid the $29.99 and they assured me that they would make the adjustment, recieved the next bill and it was for $60.99. Called back to a Customer service rep and she explained that the first bill you receive is always higher until the rebate kicks in. I told her we sighned up for the special of $29.99 a month for 12 months, not $60.99 for 1 month and 12 months at $29.99. I said if this were

the case why don't you explain that when the consumer is sighning up for the service. How many

MILLIONS of DOLLARS are they making by SCAMMING us the CONSUMER when people don't complain and allow this to happen. I just received confirmation again that they will take care of it. We Will See!

Bottom line, you have to watch everything you do now days. Count your change, confirm that the price you are told or priced products is the actual price that's your paying. Most all services and retailers are overcharging without us being aware of it.

BE A RESPONSIBLE CONSUMER AND DON'T ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN

GOOD LUCK

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

No one cares anyway

First off, I do NOT have Direct TV (thank god), but we're members of Disney Vacation Club and we're vacationing at Hilton Head Island this weekend and DVC has Direct TV for members to see Duke Basketball.

Tonight is the Duke vs. Boston game and though the game is televised, there is NO SOUND with the game throughout the Disney resort so I expect it's a DirectTV issue.

Given the issue and how many are affected, you'd think they'd be right on it, but I guess not. It's 1 hr 32 minutes into the game and it's still not resolved.