I called to lower the price of my deal, I was talked into a movie package and was promised a $92 fixed price for 12 months.I was told that if I terminated early there would be an early termination fee for the movie package, I said as long as my bill stays at $92 I am happy and will not cancel anything, I was told the price was locked in at $92 for the next 12 months.

I got that price for one month then they increased the price to $113. I tried to get them to honor the price, they told me only if they gave me the lowest package, I told them to remove the movie package, they told me that would incur a fee. I tried to reason with them and got lots of excuses, one representative told me that the previous one had not entered my package correctly, like that was my fault. So if she had not applied it correctly how come my bills was $92 as she had promised for that month?

They refused to honor the agreement she gave me and refused to remove the movie channels without incurring a termination fee. By then I was totally angry and frustrated so I told them to pick up their equipment and told them I would not pay them any termination fees.

I paid the balance for the service I had up to that date, returned their equipment in their box and not have been billed for the equipment and a termination fee.I wrote to their head office with my grievance and got zero response, what a horrible company to deal with, they lie to get you on certain deals, then increase their prices and want early termination fees because they have renagued on their side of the deal, do NOT sign up with Direct TV!

I liked: Programs being offered were good.

I didn't like: Total lack of customer service.

1.8
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Directv Tv Package
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Jaycee2010
Ukiah, California, United States #1305331

I missed the typo error, it should read I have now been billed for non return of the equipment that has been returned, luckily I got the post office to print me a receipt for its acceptance which I have kept.