On July 5th, we called Direct TV to cancel my daughter's cable.She is a college student and would not be using the service for two months.

Direct TV suggested we suspend it for two months and that they do this all of the time for college students. There would be a small fee. The service was to be taken off suspension on August 19. The TV was turned off that day and we did not receive any communication in any form from Direct TV.

We thought all was well. On August 12, an unauthorized point of sale withdrawal for $771.17 was deducted from my checking account. Consequently, this caused me to overdraw my checking. I called Direct TV and asked what was going on.

They said that it was a mistake and that they had notes that showed the account should have been suspended. Instead, they canceled it and charged us an early termination fee, equipment fees, and various other fees. They admitted it was their mistake. I told them I wanted the money refunded immediately.

They told me it would take 30 to 40 days to receive a refund. In the meantime, I have been charged $37.58 in overdraft fees, had to get a loan to cover the $771.17, have no access to any money and cannot pay my bills. They are using other people's money for 30 to 60 days unlawfully. This has put me in a terrible financial bind.

I do not have $770 spare dollars laying around for someone to steal from me. I will be contacting the Idaho, Colorado, and US Attorney Generals to alert them to this unlawful and deceptive business practice. I find it suspicious that they decided to cancel her service 7 days before her suspension was supposed to be removed.

It is also suspicious that they did this right before the law changed to prevent overdrafts from debit card usage.I want my money back and my overdraft and loan fees paid for by Direct TV.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Directv referral offer is another way to scam people.When I referred my son to get Directv, he did so & by phone was told to call AFTER installation for myself & him to receive the $100 referral offer.

We did this & they refused saying he had to do this when ordering.

Well, duh!That's what he did..................bottom line, after they get you on contract for a year, they DO NOT care about you nor their promises like they should!!!

Granger, Washington, United States #181672

The same thing happened to me on 8/21 for $576.RIP OFF!!!

They keep falling back on a customer agreement that I supposedly signed.

READ THE FINE PRINT PEOPLE!!!NEVER again will we use these scam artists!!