The Direct TV bill is my name, yet they allowed my husband to call in add an HD receiver and upgrade my current package (football, no less) to my account without verification. Now I'm being billed for a receiver and upgrade.

I talked with Direct TV customer service for a very long time. The representative was not at all sympathetic or concerned with resolving the issue. He said, "He was your husband so we added the account changes." Did he not hear me say, "X-husband"?

Direct TV will not budge on removing the charges and the receiver was never shipped to me.

I have totally canceled the account, just to rectify the charges, which I now have to get my attorney to have my x-husband pay me back. Yea right!

No one from Direct TV bothered to call or write me stating someone had made changes to my account. Now they say I have to pay.

To me this is the same as someone calling my charge card and charging items to my account and the credit card company saying, "Oh well, you hat to pay for things a stranger puts on your credit."

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

If you are cancelling DTV, watch for charges on your cc or bank statement from DTV for early cancellation fees as well as possible nonreturned equipment fees.If they have not placed these charges yet you can stop it by closing the account you gave to DTV. If it is a credit card,you can dispute the charges but be aware the charges can be put back on if they find in DTV's favor.if you return equipment be sure to get tracking # to verify they get the items.