I've been a customer since 1997-I own my equipment-they kept trying to update my equipment(2 year agreement required) I kept refusing, at first I had 6 to 8 Hd channels they kept removing until there were only 3. Then Apr 01

2010 I had none- I called them they said I needed to upgrade my reciever.( 2 yr agreement required). My Samsung receiver was the envy of my neighborhood for its picture quality--anyone know a good class-action lawyer? This company

needs to be investigated by the US Senate. What company would do this to a loyal 12 year customer, who paid thier Bill Promptly. I've filed a complaint with our state attorney General. Pissed want describe my anger...

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I'm sure your receiver is just fine.DirectTV wants a 2 yr contract from you for the upgrade and at the end of the year if not before they will raise your rates.You will pay for that"FREE" DVR many times over. DirectTV's rating is an "F" with the BBB and they got this by the many thousands of complaints from their customers that was scammed in one way or another by DirectTV.If you are no longer under contract with Direct I'd look for another service asap.

Dude! If you have been a DTV customer since 1997 you must like something about them.

Look, new technology leaves old technology behind. That is what has happened to your beloved Samsung receiver. And for your FYI, your receiver is only part of the equation for your great picture. First you must have an HD signal, which DTV provides the very best, then your receiver decodes the signal and sends it to your tv, then your tv must be able to display that great signal in HD, either 720p or 1080p. If it can't then the picture is just standard definition.

It is sad but it is time to say good-bye to an old freind and get a new receiver. Now you can spend 500 bucks and buy a new receiver but why be ***? DTV is going to give you a new one free. Not free you say? Bovine defecate of the masculine variety I politely say! Are you going to watch tv during the next 2 years. Unless you are dead or go blind, the answer is yes. Will you want tv service? Yes. So, if DTV is going to give you a receiver to use so you can get HD and you don't pay any more for your monthly service for the next 2 years then how is it not free?

I hope you are a lot smarter than your post makes you appear. If you went to get a new car and the dealer told you you could have the car for free but the only condition is that for two years you must buy gas from the station the dealership owns would you do it? Of course you would adn your a liar if you would say otherwise. It is no different with...

Bless the Beasts and the Children. Whiners and idiots drop dead.

sdsvt

DirecTV scams people.I want to add a television and found out they will tack on another 2 years to the contract.

I am paying the penalty to leave them.They are terrible.

Hameenlinna, Southern Finland, Finland #130727

SUE SUE SUE!!!!!THATS ALL YOU MORONS WANT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS THEIR COMPANY AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN GET OUT!!!!!HOW MANY OTHER PLACES ARE YOU GOING TO SUE YOU PEA BRAIN ***?????????