Elkhorn, Nebraska
1.2K views 8 comments

I filed for bankruptcy, which by law places a stay on creditors and prevents them from collecting debt.They can of course appeal this with the Court.

Related: Directv - Changing deceased son's account to my own name

However, according to two reps at Direct TV they don't have to follow the law. Direct TV went right ahead and stole money from my bank account after being notified they are listed as creditors in my bankruptcy proceedings. Not sure why Direct TV thinks they have more rights than my mortgage company but I will *** sure be on the phone to my attorney first thing in the morning. They even tried to tell me they have no fax number and no direct number for their bankruptcy division?

I asked why even have a bankruptcy division if you feel your company is not obligated to follow the law?

Only answer I received "I'm not authorized to discuss that", of course your not.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Directv Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I had the same exsperience

Mitchant
Carriere, Mississippi, United States #887356

I just had this happen! Did u get your money back?

to Mitchant #1051441

I'm trying to find out the address to put down for my bankrupsy the collection agency said I couldn't use them lol

Ladycee
Memphis, Tennessee, United States #684205

I am going through the same issue except I DONT OWE DIRECTV ANYTHING THEY OWE ME but still took $140 from my debit card unauthorized.I was told to send a letter to the Bankruptcy Department because they say they have no number for them.

How does the bankruptcy dept relay info to the credit dept if they have no means of contact?

BS....if anyone has a contact number for this so called bankruptcy dept please let me know.:(

MzLady2u
to Ladycee Memphis, Tennessee, United States #684209

LadyCee (MzLady2u)

Denns
to Ladycee Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States #1305258

There Bankrupcy number is 800-860-8542 their addresses DirecTV customer service attention bankruptcy claims p.o.box 6550 Greenwood Village Colorado 80155 - 6550 hope this helps Dennis

D45

Yeah I filed and called to get my boxes to return their stuff and was

Pressured to pay a cancellation fee, I said "do you not know the law? Does my lawyer need to call you and explain that I am protected by the United States Court?!" she was quiet and said "umm err just fax us a case number"...

laura b
to D45 Torrance, California, United States #655225

Direct TV has pulled money from my credit card with our permission and was wondering what happened with your case?