Winston Salem, North Carolina

Over a year ago I allowed my son to put money in my checking acct. and use my debit card to make a pymt on his Direct TV bill.

I have never had direct or or any dish network or cable due to Im on disability and I draw below $900 a month! So on Aug. 20,2012 they took out $356 out of my acct because my son was behind!! They put my acct in the negative and I was charged overdraft fees and could not pay rent!

I had called them and they told me what to do and I done all I was suppose and now its been 13 days and still 0 been done! Got paid again early due to holiday being on the 9/3/12 and now Im short $361! Ive called and argued and raised h*** and so has my son all this time and they keep saying we will put it in there just give us a few days!

HOW THE *** AM I SUPPOSE TO PAY ALL MY EXPENSES AND LIVE WITH A CHUNK OF MY MONEY GONE!!! I HATE DIRECT TV!!!!!!!

Comments

thanks ebbie! i will!

Contact your state consumer protection agency or the States Attorney. I think these are acts that if not illegal should be.

I did talk to my bank but they would not do anything even tho they have a policy stating that they deny pymt if theres not sufficient funds in the account. Ive been to the President of the bank but nothing has worked!

I know why Direct done what they did but I had told them that I did not want my acct # on file that this was a 1 time thing. When I 1st talked to someone at direct they even had that on file because he read it to me! As far as the comment from Hollins1 YOU DO NOT KNOW MY SON (or ME)AND YOU DO NOT KNOW HIS SITUATION SO THEREFORE KEEP YOUR *** COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! FOR YOUR INFO,IT IS DIRECT TV'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT ALL HE TRIED TO DO TO MAKE IT RIGHT AND THEY JUST REFUSED!!

WHY NOT CAUSE THEY ALREADY HAD THEIR FREAKING MONEY!! IT IS REALLY SAD WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE FOUND A SITE WHERE YOU CAN LET OFF SOME STEAM AND FIND OUT THAT OTHERS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME OR WORSE AND THEN HAVE TO PUT UP WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!

This is so simple.Please do not give anyone your credit card information to pay anyone.This way you do not have to worry about money being taken out of your account.If your son cannot afford DIRECTV or Any type of cable.He should do without.This is not DIRECTV'S FAULT IT IS YOUR SON's.

Ask your bank if they will reverse the charges for you. Direct is well known for taking money out of any account they have on file..If you ever pay someone's bill they keep the info on file for future use.You may want to change #'s on the debit card to avoid them using it in the future.