El Dorado Springs, Missouri

Update by user Sep 05, 2012

ge capitol contacted me and said file a dispute with greendot and they would take care of it, i did and they said that direct tv did nothing wrong, now how is that possible when direct tv took money off there card without my permission.answer that ge capitol

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2012

back on July 20Th i payed my insurance and phone bill, on July 23rd direct TV pulled almost 600 out of my green dot money card without my consent but the funny thing is They didn't pay my ins and phone bill but i paid the ins and phone first on the 20th, i still don't have my money and i have no ins and a disconnect notice on my phone.now today i bought a new card from walmart so i would have a different card, they took my money that i needed to pay bills and when i went to activate it they said that i can't have a card cause i disputed direct tv and this is the same company i don't have a signed contract with, now the green dot card has my money and direct tv has my money about 1100 dollars worth not counting what all i have lost.

now i think walmart, green dot, and Ge capitol bank should be held responsible, i would like to Get enough people to Get a class action suite against all three, my email is steel.mann@hotmail.com. when they steel all of are money who will shop at walmart or have money for the bank or order direct tv. something has to be done.

green dot said they called and left a message if so with who and do you think if they would have told me that i couldn't have a card over there screw up to start with i dang sure wouldn't have handed them another 720.00 $ and i have all the proof.pawned my guns to pay these bills now i have no ins and phone will be shut off over direct tv's ***, and nothing to pawn to get the money.the funny thing is i was just at sams and they wher promoting direct tv and wanted me to get a greendot money card, they said that i could pay with it and save money.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

terry mann

this is directed to DTV DUDE, you need to here what you read direct tv is taking money from people that do not have contracts and are holding on to personal information and that alone should get them in trouble. the greendot money card has made it right with me and i will still use them. they get an A in my book, direct tv needs to be shut down.

This is to MR.GERRY WAGNER.This is what happen's when you try to help.Let your son stand on his own two feet.If he cannot afford DIRECTV, THEN YOUR SON SHOULD LET IT GO.When you give any company your credit card information,What do you expect to happen?I suggest you replace your credit card information with your son's information.If not you will be responsible for your son's bill's.It does not matter that you are not the subscriber,What matter's is you DAD took on this matter yourself,Not knowing the effect it would have later down the road.We all reach out and ASSIST our childern at one time or another.But to use my CREDIT CARD or TO even ask to use my CREDIT CARD,GOD FORBID.I will assist in cash money,But my CREDIT CARD no way.Be careful how you give you credit card information to anyone,If i have to make a purchase and I have to give my credit card information it's not going to happen.Everytime i go on PISSED CONSUMER'S their is someone crying about their CREDIT CARD.STOP THE MADNESS.STOP GIVING OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.When i am asked for my credit card information,I state i can send you a check.I am for real about mine.

How funny is that, an add for direct tv and wal mart card right under the complaint.I guess direct tv and Walmart card is flipping you off.

That is the biggest F****** you I have ever seen.

I will also be canceling direct tv when contract is up.

:cry

When you have an agreement/contract for DirecTV service, you also agree that any credit card you use can be retained and used to settle final charges in the event that you disconnect service. It is not illegal because it is in your contract. It is your job to read the contract. Same thing goes for those of you that use your credit card to pay someones bill, they can retain the card on file and if that person ends up owing after disconnecting service, they have full legal right to charge that card to settle the account.

There is nothing illegal about it. Greendot and DirecTV have nothing together, doesn't matter if it was GreenDot, BlueDot, YellowDot, Bank of America, Chase, Capital One or anyone else, they still would have charged the card and there is nothing the CC company can do because it is legit.

PAY YOUR BILLS!!!

Direct TV place a charge in the amount $474.83 on my charge card.When I contacted them, they told me this was for my son's equipment and final bill which isn't even in my name.

I told them that only helped with my son's bill a few times until he got back on his feet.

They say since I used my credit card more than once to pay the bill that I am now reasponsible for all charges on his account.I have never heard of such a thing and this should be against the law.

Green Dot Corporation

We try to resolve all issues in a timely and satisfactory manner for our customers. Dispute claims are thoroughly reviewed and resolutions are based on our investigation of the claim. If you would like more information on your issue, please contact our loss management department at 1-866-871-2415.

Sounds as though DirectTv and Green-dot money card has a racket going.I believe I'd see an attorney(one that you choose)and see if there is not something he/she can do to get your money back. I'd also file a complaint with the BBB against Green-dot.The BBB will not answer complaint against DirectTV,they get too many.