Direct TV has a scam to lure you into a contract with them that you will be charged to break.The sales person will tell you that your service will cost $34.99 with a free DVR.

Yet, in order to get this price, you will get a rebate. In order to get the rebate, you have to get an email from them with a code and instructions for applying for your rebate. You must also do this within an allotted amount of time. THEN the rebate will not start for 30 -90 days, therefore you will be billed an amount DOUBLE what you thought you were going to pay.

This is fraudulent!

Before ordering their service my number one concern was having an HDMI cable long enough to allow my DVR/receiver to be placed in a cabinet rather than right next to the TV. I grilled the sales person on this to be sure he understood my desire to have the receiver away from the TV which is on a wall above the fireplace. He assured me that the service installer had cables of adequate length to place the receiver away from the TV. Of course, the installer only provides a cable about 2 feet long which means co-locating your receiver with the TV which is a problem for those of you who want things neatly inside a cabinet.

Oh, and they DO NOT install to hide cords or plugs as they advertise - another false claim!! Also, the installer will sign you up (without your knowledge) for a protection plan. I SPECIFICALLY DECLINED the plan, but it showed up on my bill, THEN they charged me $10 to remove it!!!! Cancellation fee!!

Buy DISH and dump DIRECT TV ...they are master scammers!!!

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments