1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

We had Direct TV installed on Friday November 3rd.After the technician left I began to check out the new system.

I was a little upset to discover he had disconnected my Dish receiver and used those cords as I still had shows recorded I wanted to watch and we had not cancelled that service yet. I figured that I could try getting the shows with the ON Demand feature, but discovered that does not work without the internet. We were never told when signing up (at Wal-Mart in Henderson, NV) that internet was required. I would not have signed up had I known that because I do not want to use the internet to watch shows and Netflix, if I did I would have simply hooked back up my PlayStation or bought a Firestick.

This meant I would probably have to upgrade if we used too much data (I have a limited amount, never upgraded since we never use that much). It was already done, however, so I decided to try it out and make the best of it. Unfortunately, even though it detected my network, the remote control would only give me letters for the numbers 2 and 3 so I could not enter my passcode. I reset the box, but then it would not detect the network at all.

I called the next day since it was still not working and they again told me to reset the box and the internet, enter in the network manually, etc. nothing. So they sent out a technician, who could not come until Monday to fix it. When he came he did exactly what I had already done, then told me that the router was the problem.

I tried to explain that everything else connects to the internet, I have even used my kindle from the car on the street in front of my house, so I do not need a router. I also explained that it originally detected it but the remote wouldn't work right, but he just left. We called again this time wanting to cancel since from the beginning it has not gone well, figuring as it was installed less than a week ago we should fall under a grace period for the contract. We were told that there is only a 24 hour grace period, and even though I had reported the problem the next day we would have to pay $480 to cancel.

The man on the phone however said they would send out another technician and if he could not fix it we would be able to cancel with no fee. So 11/8 another technician came out, he hooked it up directly to the modem. He then stated it would take 24 hours for it to work. The next day it did not work, we called and were told to try resetting it again.

The next day it still would not work. When we tried to call again and cancel they informed us they couldn't do that and wanted to send another technician to try again. We were assured the last time that it would either work or we could cancel. We have jobs, we can not continue to work our schedule around having technicians come out and "try" to fix it.

I personally believe the issue is the box and changing it may have solved the problem if the first technician had even listened or tried to help; at that point I just wanted it to work. I was not happy with the whole issue of it using the internet, but the service would still be cheaper than what we had previously so I would have worked with that. At this point the terrible customer service and lack of a solution has convinced me I do not want to work with Direct TV. If we have these problems the first week, how many will we have throughout a 2 year contract?

I had my previous service for 2 years without a single issue and only switched to save $100/month, but honestly I rather pay more. I want this service cancelled, and now I have to pay DISH to come back out and reattach their satellite because the installer, without permission, unhooked it so I can not even just hook it back up. I refuse to pay a cancellation fee for a service that I have not been able to use and which has cost me time, money, and aggravation.

I also refuse to talk to anyone on the phone as after being lied to I can not trust anything anyone has said to me.I spoke with a manager yesterday who tried to placate me instead of solving the problem, they refused to even talk to my fiancé when she called despite the fact it was her card that paid for the initial service and I had previously called in with her and given them permission to talk to her.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality/customer service/cancellation .

I didn't like: It did not work, Terrible customer service, Wasted my time.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments