I NOTICED ON MY NOV.2012 BILL THAT I WAS BEING CHARGED FOR NFL SUNDAY TICKET ALTHOUGH I DID NOT SIGN FOR IT.

I DON"T WATCH FOOTBALL AND NEVER HAVE. ON 11/16/12 I TRIED TO CANCEL. TWO AGENTS LATER. I WAS TOLD "YOU'RE TOO LATE TO CANCEL, THE DEADLINE WAS IN SEPTEMBER?" I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE $ 197.94 FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT AUTHORIZE OR ASK FOR.

I WAS TOLD I AUTHORIZED THIS BECAUSE IT CAME WITH MY SIGN UP PACKAGE (FOR FREE) BACK IN NOV.

2011.2011 AND BY NOT CALLING DTV AND SPECIFICALLY CANCELING THEY AUTOMATICALLY BILL FOR IT.IN APRIL I SPECIFICALLY CANCELED ALL NON-EXTRA PROGRAMS.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Herreid, South Dakota, United States #607961

Exact same thing happening to me.I got direct tv last year and paid for it ordered over the phone.

Then in 2012 they automatically signed me up for it i didn't notice my bill for it till it was too late. This is stealing money and any company that does this should be ashamed.

Im thinking of taking them to court myself but cant afford it..if anyone knows a remedy please tell me xboxsold@gmail.com

Hollywood, Florida, United States #577255

I used to work for direct tv and we told you in all of the disclosues no one wants to listen to .......

nikalseyn
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #570473

write them a letter fully outlining what you believe you are responsible for and why.Also tell them to provide you with a reason why they think you owe this.

If they ignore your letter---likely---then ignore the bill and also cancel their service, along with sending them a letter explaining that you are cancelling because they ignored your letter and refused to explain the validity of the charges.Then, ignore subsequent bills.