I signed on" with direct TV because they offered a package, that cost more money, but included VS.VS happens to offer several programs I really want and like to watch..Direct TV dropped VS, amd didn't even tell me, but still they want to charge the same, for lesser service.

I found out from the local Directtv distributor (Boone Electric) that DTV did this solely as a cost-cutting measure for themselves. Also, many of my local College football and basketball games are broadcast by KZOU, but Directtv will not carry them. I have tried several times to get Directtv to respond-the will not. My local distributor tells me a phone call to Directtv is an exercise in futility, the won't even respond correctly to their distributor!

My question, has Directtv broken their contract?Can I now sign on with another TV provider?

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I signed on because they had a package for both cable and internet for a good price.The guy we talked to on the phone confirmed what services we were getting and what price we would be paying.

The guy came and hooked up the cable and left. I called back and asked why they didnt hook up the internet and they said that the internet didnt reach where we were, which was a lie because our neighbor had internet through them. So we ended up with just cable and were paying more than the price we agreed to for both. Eventually we called back again to cancel our service and the lady told us that we did have internet service where we were and said that we wouldnt have to pay the early cancelation fee.

Well we get our bill and they charged us the cancelation fee, my husband calls back and they say that the lady that helped us before wasnt supposed to waive that fee.If they think they are gonna get away with this they have another thing coming.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #84111

Direct TV

Corporate Office

Ms. Ellen Filipiak

Sr. VP, Customer Care

2230 East Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Direct TV "hides" this address but I found it! Bombard Ms. Filipiak with your complaints! Maybe, just maybe, they will realize JUST HOW BAD their service is and make changes. They hire and train people to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT and then tie to you exorbitant contracts when they fail to provide the type of service that is expected.

If the industries won't police themselves, we, as consumers, have an obligation to. Also, contact your local Consumer Protection Agency (listed on County Gov't websites) with your complaints. These "monopolies" are ILLEGAL and the Consumer has to stand up for their rights.

I , just 2 weeks ago was looking to change my service to Directv, I called and spoke to a representative about an offer and a package i saw online, it looked pretty good had everything i anted at a good price.Next day the intallation guy comes over and before he leaves we begin channel surfing discovering that some of "our" channels were missing.He called customer service for us and the lady said that we had a different package that the package that I was talking about was no longer available....So i let the guy go on about his way, and call back on my phone, i was on the line for 3-4 hours, finally i was just tired and decided to give it a rest for a few , I called back at 11 to cancel the service and guess what ????

they dont have any repz after 10pm. So i call back the next day and they told me that since i had left the service go on until midnight on the day of the installation...i had to pay $500+ for cancellation fees, so im on the phone for a few more hours.... and finally they say that they will cancel everything with no charges or fees or anything else...guess what???

my account has just been charged with $300+ and their CS is closed until tomorrow!!!SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN PISSSEEEEDDDDDDDD