Directv - DirectTV installing a dish on a (new) roof without owner permission
Hello.DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove.
My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long distance), and they just came out and installed it while he was out in the field. He didn't know about it. He has been directed to have it removed and will be held financially responsible for the patch-repair. I tried to call DirectTV to ask what their installation policy is on rental homes, of course could not get to a human at customer service-no matter what button I tried.
I ended up writing to customer service on their immense web-help site, after hitting send but before it was sent, an impersonal pop-up box, popped up referring me to read the "installation on condo's, apartments and rentals permission procedure", it also offered I could use their 'written permission slip' form if I just clicked on the blue link. And to have it ready when the installer arrives, or a 'Verbal permission' is enough. Can that be? A verbal permission?
How ambiguous is that?
Does a new DirectTV customer that is renting a home need a written permission from owner or not?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Directv Equipment Installation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "I moved from DC to MD over 2 years ago and had my DirecTV service switched to the new address. DirecTV had a tech come out and install the..."
- "We switched to DT from cable which we loved, so we could use our satellite in our motor home . When we called we explained to them exactly what we..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."