Directv - DirectTV installing a dish on a (new) roof without owner permission
Hello.DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove.
My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long distance), and they just came out and installed it while he was out in the field. He didn't know about it. He has been directed to have it removed and will be held financially responsible for the patch-repair. I tried to call DirectTV to ask what their installation policy is on rental homes, of course could not get to a human at customer service-no matter what button I tried.
I ended up writing to customer service on their immense web-help site, after hitting send but before it was sent, an impersonal pop-up box, popped up referring me to read the "installation on condo's, apartments and rentals permission procedure", it also offered I could use their 'written permission slip' form if I just clicked on the blue link. And to have it ready when the installer arrives, or a 'Verbal permission' is enough. Can that be? A verbal permission?
How ambiguous is that?
Does a new DirectTV customer that is renting a home need a written permission from owner or not?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Directv Equipment Installation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "My bill went from $ 107.81 to $152.81. I work 2 full time jobs and I Volunteer every Saturday, so I do not have a lot of time to watch..."
- "I was offered a bundled package with at & t internet But was told I owed money for past equipment $ 179.00. Which I paid then I found..."
- "Ive had two Monster Energy Gronk and both times I got to the bottom ther was a nasty gunk that came out when i poured into my cup...."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."