1.8K views

DirecTV return equipment process is flawed.I had to call them a 2nd time after waiting 2 weeks for a return box to arrive.

I finally get one and return the 1 standard receiver via United States Postal Service as it was specifically stated in the directions and keep the bottom half of shipping label for my tracking. USPS then has FedEX pick it up and send it off. The equipment arrived days later in Memphis, TN. DirecTV says they don't have the receiver yet.

But why does my tracking number show a 4 pound box delievered to Memphis, TN....directv morons. 18 days later and less than the 21 days (in the contract), DirectTV charges me $45 NRF!!!!

I'm still fighting with them on the phone to remove this fee.

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Battle Ground, Washington, United States #961070

I've cancelled my service and received the box, all set to ship out, but when I peeled the label to expose the return address, it took the street number off and now I can't read it.I called and talked to three different people to see if they could tell me the street address of their return center in Ontario California.

Not one of the three morons was able to tell me the address.They are sending me a new label, but I'm not sure that the box will make it back in time.

to ***edDTVformercustomer #1179288

this just happened to me too and I'm trying to figure it out.

Our DTV friends made a mistake, billed in advance and disconnected our service. I said ok, leave it off. Had another service run our credit and establish a new account following which they came running out the next day, on SUNDAY, to install our new equipment (we have 6 television stations on the Estate).

Now our only problem is giving them stuff back in exchange for payment in full.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their arm pits!

Direct TV is just ripping people off. They took my money without my permission from my disability credit card , Im sending my equipment back and I want my money back!

I was told to send it back by USPS.No way man.

I wanted proof, so I sent mine by FedEx. The catch? I had to pay FedEx, but it was worth the peace of mind and not being ripped off later. Sorry about your experience.

Apparently Direct TV is a relative of Comcast.

DirecTV is the Devil sent to earth straight from ***... (Word of advice) If you are researching which company you should go with Please consider another option because once you get in they will do everything in their power to trap you...

I had the most horrible experience with Directv

I finally disconnected from DirectTV.FedEx delivery tracking numbers finally shows they received my two boxes.

Feb 13 I dropped them off at US Post Office and today March 5, says delivered! Yeah!! no NRF charge on me!

See ya DirectTV!!!!!!Now send me my credit your hanging on too!!

I'm a little miffed at them right now too.I spent $199 on a DVR 5 years ago and was told when upgrading to a new HD DVR that I would have to return the old one.

If I paid $200 for it, why am I having to return it? If it was equipment rental, why not charge me a monthly fee instead of an upfront fee?

And if it isn't a rental fee, why am I being forced to return purchased equipment then?

Sadly, cable doesn't reach here and Dish isn't any better.Wish there were other options available.

test

Same thing with me and they have me in collections. I sent those receivers like two month ago. Thank God i found this sight because now I can see that I am no the only one javascript:ac_smilie(':(')