So I had the same thing happen to me today...I was getting calls from an (800) number which I ignored for the first 4 or 5 times they attempted me (in the span of about an hour).

Then I finally decided to pick up to see what was going on and I was immediately disconnected. Low and behold I received another call back about 15 minutes later about this 'promotion' Direct TV is offering through their sponsor, Amazon. First of all, Amazon sponsoring DirectTV (AT&T)... unlikely since they are competitors in the TV market, but I was curious so I listened.

They started with my name and address, then even listed my account number. They told me that they are running a promotion and all I had to do was go to Walgreens or CVS and get a pre-pay Amazon gift card, load $300 on it for the next 5 months of service, call them back with the code, and I would be locked in at $59.95 for the next 2 years. They mentioned that I would receive all movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Stars, etc.) and the sports pass (which I've inquired about in the past). The call back number they gave me was (888) 751-5387 x1.

This is a pretty convincing SCAM.

These guys have all your information and I can see how people would fall for it.Someone definitely needs to do something about these people!!

Review about: Directv Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments