Crofton, Kentucky

30 Months of Fraudulent Billing!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:50 a.m.

Called and spoke to David (U2631) at DIRECTV he informed me Amanda would return my call within 2 hours.

Amanda (R9631) at DIRECTV called offered me 60 days credit I politely refused and again informed that I would be suing in small claims court and filing criminal charges for unauthorized use of a credit card. Amanda kept telling me that DIRECTV had spoken with me and I had not called DIRECTV to confirm the disconnect and that DIRECTV had billed me for approximately 30 months before I noticed. I stressed to Amanda that I had never been contacted by DIRECTV after my initial E-mail in July, 2006 and that I had never spoken to DIRECTV about this account until February 24, 2009 when I discovered the fraudulent billing.

DIRECTVs position appears to be that I did not catch DIRECTV soon enough so DIRECTV intends to keep most of the funds that DIRECTV fraudulently removed from my bank account and that I did not catch DIRECTV quickly enough. The approximately $100 credit DIRECTV offered does not equal the approximately $1600 dollars DIRECTV obtained fraudulently.

Review about: Directv Account.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I am experiencing a similar issue, however, I did cancel my services - twice - and they continued to debit my account.They did not stop until I closed my bank account and they were no longer able to debit the account.

Have you resolved your issue?

Were you forced to take them to small claims court for a full reimbursement?

DirecTV is deceptive to consumers on so many levels. How does this behavior persist? They are so difficult to communicate with. You must record your conversations, because each time you speak to a different person, they claim not to be aware of previous conversations.

Once you cancel services, they cease to send you billing notifications, so you are not aware that they are billing you. Anytime a consumer is forced to interact with customer service that is trained to deny and deflect, it is extremely time consuming.

The hold time is ridiculous and makes it impossible to communicate during your own business hours.I wish you luck.