Back in October 2010 I received an offer in the mail for a direcTV bundle, starting at $29.95 per month. I was with Verizon Fios for TV, Internet & Phone and was trying to save a little money per month.

The young lady I spoke to assured me that my total bill for TV Internet and Phone would be no more than $80.64 and that my internet and phone service would stay with Verizon, but be billed through DirecTV, and they would organize that.

I agreed and setup an installation date, when a technitian came and installed a new satelite dish (bigger and uglier than the old DirecTV dish that was on the roof) abd did NOT remove the old dish (not his job).

A few weeks later when I got the first bill it was for over $80 and only included the TV service. I called customer service (LOL - you don't get any service there) and started the song and dance about how good a deal that was and how I could save some more if I went and requested a rebate online. I also found out thay had NOT communicated anything to Verizon about switching the internet and phone billing.

I then got Verizon customer service on the phone and discovered that my particular service (voice on copper line and internet on Fios) could NOT be billed via direcTV. We then did a 3 way call to DirecTV customer service and after much discussion was informed that I was stuck with DirecTV even though they could not deliver what they had promised. And that if I calcelled I would have to pay the cancellation fee of $480.

I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 7 minutes, then the operator came back and said to hold further as they were still trying to find a supervisor. I was then cut off and nobody bothered to call me back.

A few days later I posted a complaint on their website and got a response that someone would calle the next day. Nobody did, however a call was received from DirecTV a few days later when we were out.

The next week I called again and finally got to speak to someone who called themselves a supervisor. She was not really willing to listen nor did she have any power (or desire) to anything about the situation, except inform me that I was bound by their agreement and would have to pay the termination fees anyway and if I did not pay the bill they would simply charge the credit card that I had used for the initial +- $20.00 setup fee.

I will be contesting these charges via my bank. Did I mention the amount of time burned up trying to handle this whole cycle?

John Boshoff

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Gulfport, Mississippi, United States #549884

Also watch out, they will run a credit check on your Equifax report even if you just ask about services. They did this to me and now I have an inquiry where I had not had one since I bought a car.

Direct TV cost considerably more than they said it would. There were a lot of "un-anticipated" charges. I would recomend using your laptop.

im with direct tv and like every 3 times a week are sattulite isnt working eveen when its not any bad wheather just sunnny sometimes dont get direct tv thinking about swintching :? peace cupcake out 8) 8)

:cry

I am having a disagreement with them.I am very dissatisfy with business practice.

I would like to be invovle in the class action suit. They owes people money. Five dollars to speak to representative sometimes depending your problem.

Service charges keep their equiptment working so you would be watch television and on and on.:upset

Hey Roxanna :( I'll go in with you on a class action, if we were named plantiffs, we'd get some $ back from this company!I was a customer for about 8 years..if they would have taken as good of care of me as they do their new customers, I would have still been with them!

But no, they came out, hooked up their HD services and gave me the HDTVDV what ever...and "Rolled me" into a new 2 year service agreement without so much as a mention!What a crock, this will never stand up in court...my services were bundled and bills paid...so long Direct, see ya, bye bye now...I have Comcast, which isn't the best but I know in a year if they don't treat my like I want I'm going to be gone from them too!

dish net work is bad ,but notto hard to deal with.now I have comcast,some problems but at least I can talk to some in the good old U.S.Ahave we ask for so much[even unionized]that companys real are not altogether at falt.enerything we do comes back so pay more.driving a 18 wheeler for many years opened my eyes to alot of things that we do to make company do some of the things that they do.haven' the goverment messed with as that w have to become liers to deal inevery day life.You can not be totally honest and survive. what are we teaching our children they contradict ourselves.What have we become?

Wow..So far after ten years or more with DTV I had good luck..

From getting HD TV upgrades.. To moving the dish to new spot in the yeard.. to getting deals from dtv..

to tech miss haps to having no tv or missing chann..but the cost is a bit high

Outsourcing!Its cheaper for big business to go to india than to hire a well qualified customer service rep here in the states.

And when a company does hire someone here in the states its at $8.00 an hour paid to a kid with no experience with the public or someone who doesnt care because they are paid so cheaply. What the ***?

When I pay my good money to a company I expect at least the minimum of common decency.America stand up dammit!

Additional comment to my previous post.My account last name with Directv was Ferguson, I later changed my name.

I had full service with them at the time of my cancellation.

I was paying them over $200 a month at the time I tried to cancel.Since I was fully paid up in advance, they stole in excess of $200 from me.