Update by user Dec 17, 2016

Every customer service rep gave me a different answer.2 of the 4 I spoke to told me to have my bank call and they would turn my service back on IMMEDIATELY.

I did just that and was told then I would have to submit my bank statement. I did immediately and still....nothing.

It's been 24 hours now and was told it could take 10 days.There goes Christmas!

Original review posted by user Dec 16, 2016

Long story short, I've had nothing but problems with Directv.The latest is what happened today.

Got an error code which meant I had to refresh my receivers. I did as instructed and still wouldn't work. Called Directv to ask what I was doing wrong and was told that my account was suspended because I "disputed" my last payment with my bank. There is NO truth to that.

It took 3 phone calls to different customer service reps until one finally told me that if I had my bank call them (which is Paypal) and verify my story, they'd immediately turn my service back on. Called Paypal and was reassured that there was no record of me disputing any charge (which I already knew) and there was no reason Directv should be saying that. The guy at Paypal did a 3-way call w/Directv, that customer service rep told me that if I sent them a copy of my paypal statement,showing the money out of my account, they'd turn my tv back on. Did just that and nothing, yet.

Called to make sure they got the info and was told it could take up to 10 days to fix, then my next payment will be due and I'll have to pay that before getting back on. RIDICULOUS customer service reps! This is just one of at least 6 major issues I've had with them since I got it to start with in August of 2015.

Would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.They acted as though I was lying and were quite rude to me.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of directv account. Directv needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned directv account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Directv.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #1271220

It's been a month now without service.Had a rep from "AT&T office of the president" call me regarding this matter.

He offered no solutions, no help, no apologies. I asked how much it would cost to have my service restored and he couldn't give me the amount but gave me a number to call their "fraud department" to get the total. COME TO FIND OUT, THEY WERE PAID BY PAYPAL ALREADY AND NEGLECTED TO TELL ME SO. Now, they want a month up front to turn service back on but still will not admit they were in the wrong.

RIDICULOUS!

ALSO...asked about the $200 prepaid Visa I should've received after sign up.Was informed that "since nobody notated my account that I had asked, and it's been over a year, I am out of luck." Feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with them.