1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I placed my account on hold back in June 2016, I asked it be placed on hold for 6 months, the lady said at first it could only be done for 3 months, but after I explained my situation tha I had to move back in with my parents that she was able to put it on hold for 6 months.Come August 2016, I receive a bill.

I call customer service the guy I speak with said it was only placed on hold for 3 months, but he saw the notes from the previous rep where it saod my account would be placed on hold for 6 months. He tells me he can extended it but I have to pay the balance inorder for him to place my account on hold again because he has to reactivate my service then put it on hold again. I stated I was not going to pay for a service i never recieved and you can even see the notes where the rep advised me 6 months. He worked it out and was able to waive the fee and place my account on hold, and told me to keep the equipment still.

Then a few weeks later I receive a box from direct TV to return the equipment. So I return it, thinking thats what I am supposed to do, because why else would they send it. Then I get another bill in December 2016 when the account was still supposed to be on hold, and now the equipment has been returned. I call again get to the retiontion department and speak with Paula, just wanting to cancel, and willing to pay for a cancellation fee.

Paula is a legacy employee of direct tv, I tell her I hope she can help because ever since AT&T bought them, their service has sucked, she tells me by the notes it just wasn't looking right and she didn't want me to pay the cancellation fee, which she never would tell me the amount, she would only tell me it was in the $200's, but she says this isn't right, my account is a mess and that she wants to send it for review. I say ok of course if she sees what a mess it is, I look 2 weeks later and see my bill is $0, and think cool its finally over! Nope! I get another box to return the equipment I've already returned, I check my account again, still shows $0.

NOW! I check my account and my bill is $344! I cannot believe the terrible service they are providing, customers do not matter to them.

I will never be a customer of theirs again and will never recommend them.My family has been a customer of theirs for nearly 14 years, AT&T has brought direct tv down hill!

Review about: Directv Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments