2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I was in the process of moving last month and informed DirecTV that I wanted to cancel service.After giving me the whole bit about wanting to see me stay and offering me the "mover's package" etc I told them I'm going to use streaming providers going forward and didn't want to bother with the expensive monthly bill for satellite cable.

Around that same time my wife and I consolidated our cell phones to AT&T (I switched from Verizon - she was already with AT&T). What convinced us to go with AT&T was that we were told we could get a free Galaxy S7 and the introductory rate for DirecTV with a two year agreement (4 rooms and the basic "Select" channel package for $50 a month). So after this I called DirecTV and told them that I would like to keep their service and what AT&T had promised and they said they'd be able to do that. So DirecTV installs everything at our new house and, little did I know, they locked my into a two year agreement with this and they did not give me the introductory rate (which would've been $74 a month - $50 for my "Choice" programming package and $14 for 2 additional minis outside of the first 4).

Instead they charged me the full rate of $75 a month for my programming and $50 a month for equipment which was $51 more per month than I was told I would be paying by AT&T when they sold me my new phone. I spent the majority of yesterday going back and forth between DirecTV and AT&T and everytime I talked to DirecTV they told me that the promotion AT&T claimed was there didn't exist and that I couldn't cancel or I'd be subject to a $480 early contract termination fee. Everyone at AT&T kept telling me that I could just cancel the DirecTV service under my name and put it under my wife's name to get the deal. DirecTV informed me that this would be considered residential fraud which would be investigated and I'd potentially be subject to prosecution.

It's seems ridiculous to me that two companies who are both owned by the same entity could be so completely out of touch with each other.I guess they accomplished their end goal which was to get me locked into two year contracts on both the AT&T Wireless and DirecTV sides but this whole experience has completely turned me off from both providers and I will be leaving them both at the first opportunity to do so.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Directv. The most disappointing about directv tv package from Directv was lies Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Directv.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments