Romney, West Virginia

I should have known to run the first day of our Directv installation when they canceled our work order and lost our paperwork.Due to this HUGE inconvenience of having to spend hours on the phone talking to one incompetent employee to the next I was promised an additional 5$ off a month for 20 months and an additional 1yr Free Showtime.

I also had a referral from a current Directv customer and I was referring a friend. 5 months later after several calls and many frustrated hours on the phone they have NO RECORD of ANY DISCOUNTS OR REFERRAL DISCOUNTS!! What was supposed to be a bill of under 80$ is now costing over 120$ and still rising!!!

DIRECTV HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!THEY TELL YOU LIES AFTER LIES TO GET YOU INTO A CONTRACT THAT IS NOTHING IF NOT MISLEADING AND DECEITFUL!!!!!!!

Review about: Directv Installation.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States #1179164

I think all should cancel their services and see how the survive.

I agree I placed a border yesterday oct 11-2013 they did not honour the price they gave no more than three times on the phone - they told me the referral program was no longer

In effect and told my friend this morning that was not true. They refused to honour $5 difference even though the $24.99 is splashed over everywhere.

Not to mention they refuse to give you a price without running your credit and refuse

To give you the parameters for the qualification using your ss number.

The whole thing is the most fraudulent *** I have ever heard.

You need to complain to the FCC and your local representative attorney general

And keep blogging

#451968

allie,I'd call the credit card co and ask how DTV was able to get that # and bill it without your permission.

KetronB...DirectTv does not value their customers bottom line they are after the money any way they can get it!

I am a Direct TV customer and recently had to be put on dialysis.I figured I would get the DVR and be able to watch shows I enjoy during the treatments.

I called customer service and they told me $99 plus a new 2 yr contract. When I declined, they said I could avoid the fee and contract by purchasing the DVD from eBay. They even told me how to check R.I.D. number to make sure it wasn't someone selling a leased box.

So I bought the box and called back to activate it. Now it's a new story - they say even though I bought and own the box it would still be considered as a lease including monthly fee and of course the 2 yr contract.

They were also kind enough to offer me a box for the price of $300....Nice way to treat a customer of over 10 years!

#419053

I don't know how Directv did it, the cc they had on file for us had been cancelled several years ago but they somehow billed a different cc! I found out when I got my statement. I had been paying by check for 4+ years and the cc they had on file was listed as expired (it had been cancelled as well) The cc they billed had only been opened last year and I had never used it with them!

The friend that you referred did they sign up also? If so,this should be proof for your referral discount.Get everything in writing from DTV for proof(use their Email to communicate) because they will tell the customer anything and then deny saying it and you will not talk to the same person twice.

I had DTV for 5 months also and had a heck of a time getting rid of them.the best advice I could offer is to change your account # that they have on file for you and do not give them the new#.tell them the card was lost/stolen)they will be in contact with you as soon as they find your account is not active.