Update by user May 09, 2013

I thought about that. My bank denied payment after I filed a claim. I got my money back in one day.

I called DirecTV to cancel and the guy in the cancellation dept said they can do more than your regular CSR so call them if you have issues. Apparently they tried to renew my contract but they need to get it validated with a third party (which they never did) and so it was invalid. He cancelled my service (after trying to help me out some) and I signed up with DISH.

I would say they are both about the same but you have to switch around to get the best rate.

So if they claim something that is out of this world check up with someone in another department. It gave me a lot of frustration but at least I'm free from them.

Update by user May 06, 2013

I bet a savvy lawyer would find this interesting. Imagine how many people get locked into a contract without a signature. Could be a profitable lawsuit!!!

Original review posted by user May 06, 2013

I had two months to complete my two year contract with these scumbuckets and they said I would have to transfer my service to continue or be charged.I processed it.

They charged me $150 to do so. They no longer transfer it for free. I told them they should have at least a one time waiver for people who rarely move. I bought a house for Christ sake!

Apparently they automatically renewed my contract at that time without telling me. Not only that I am not eligible to pay the check rate I was paying in the first two years. I just called to see if they would do something about it and they did not. The "CSR" said she understood where I was coming from but there was nothing they could do.

So they can suck it and I'm going elsewhere and they can charge me for whatever the *** they want.Screw DIRECTV!!!

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

jasongarcia79

The only problem here is DTV has got your bank or credit card number and they will debit it for their charges! This must be one of their latest scams I have not heard of this before but you need to read their contract online and see what it says I'll bet they have a clause in there letting them get away with this. It should be none of their business where you transfer your account..I wish you luck let us know what happens