Waverly, Ohio
3.6
Coverage Area

Cancelled my directv after 14 years. (That equates to nearly $16,000.

Not a typo sixteen thousand) Directv says they since we went to whole house DVR it's an 'upgrade' which means we signed a new 2 year deal.

Their charging us $320 to disconnect. So much for my $16k I've paid them over the years.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

With the exception of an 8 month period, we've had service with them for almost 18 years. The difference in the quality of service is day and night.

Mastec, who they send out on service calls is an absolute nightmare and DTV does not care. We have filed a complaint with the Attorney General and are in the process of taking other steps. DTV claims to have over 20 million customers and I believe there are many others who have been cheated, lied to and stolen from. If it turns out as it should, they will NOT be getting away with what they have done to us.

I only hope many, many others will follow suit.

When they keep getting hit in the wallet, perhaps they will change the way they do business. Unfortunately, that is the ONLY way to get the attention of some.