- DIRECTV CHARGE ME $200.00 TO CANCEL HD SERVICE THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE!

I was DirecTV custmer for 6 years. Last year I bought a HD TV set and upgraded to an HD DVR. Last month I moved to get closer to work to a community to which

-DIRECTV COULD NOT PROVIDE HD SERVICE!

They could provide standard defintion through a third party company called MDU.

-STANDARD DEFINITION PRODUCES A GRAINY IMAGE ON HD TV SET!

So I had DirecTV come out to see if they could install a HD dish at my apartment.

-DIRECTV COULD NOT INSTALL AN HD RECEIVER AT MY APARTMENT!

-THE HD DVR WOULD NOT WORK AT MY LOCATION!

I talked to both DirecTV's and the third party provider's and they was no way I could get HD service at my new apartment. The DirecTV customer service agent told me that I would not be charge an early cancellation fee. I cancelled the the DirecTV service.

-TWO WEEKS LATER I GOT A BILL WITH A $200.00 EARLY TERMINATION FEE!

Yesterday called DirecTV's customer service to have the fee removed. I was told that the customer service agent I talked to originally was mistaken and the fee was valid.

I called back today to speak to a manager. She told me the same thing. DirecTV placed me under a 2 year service agreement to upgrade to HD service. Although DirecTV could not provide HD service to my residence, The ealry termination fee was still applicable. The termination fee would not be removed.

- DIRECTV CHARGE ME $200.00 TO CANCEL HD SERVICE THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE!

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

nwreader

It is NOT against the law to have a dish on the roof of apartment building.You DO need yo have the landlord or property manager's approval, however.

Here again, "larry the directtv guy" is calling people names and being abusive. This is now the third nasty message I have read from him and I've only read a few DirecTV complaints.

I wonder how a guy like this can live with so much anger.Perhaps a qualified counselor would help.

so why is it directvs fault that your apartment building wont allow you a dish?( which by the way is against the law)OTARD rule,look it up.