Phoenix, Arizona

I use to have directv and I cancel march 2013 I had a bill for $220 past due. at the end of may I call them back I told them that I was going thru hard time but I was still tryng to get my bill paid and get my service back and they said ok.

then in mid june they charge my bank account without my permission for $619.72 that by the way put my bank account to -$500 and bounce a few checks that cost me an extra $35 each. After that I call them and they agree on a refund of $373.64 and I said ok, then I call today 7/21/13 to find out whats goin on with the refund and they tell me that the refund was cancel and that they send me an email with the reason and I told them that that's not ok that I need an answer today, they got a manager and the manager said that the reason they are not gona give me my $373.64 back is because I got a credit on hbo and starks for $10. .. that's a new low for DIRECTV...

EVEN AFTER I GOT 3 OR 4 REFFERALS ON MY ACCOUNT AND MY ACCOUNT WAS CANCELLED BEFORE I COULD ENJOY THAT DISCOUNT, SO THAT IS $400 FOR THE REFFERALS I GOT BEFORE MY ACCOUNT WAS CANCEL AND $373.64 THAT I NEVER GONA GET FROM DIRECTV? I CAN CARE LESS ABOUT THE REFFERAL CUSTOMERS I SET UP WITH MY ACCOUNT, BUT I WOULD LIKE MY $373.64 BACK.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Account.

Comments

This is an old practice of DTV they do it all the time. The only hope you have is to talk to your bank and ask if they will reverse the charges for you because you dispute the charges made by DTV.

If by chance your bank does reverse the charges and the money is put back into your account, you will need to change your account# and do not give it to DTV!

They will hound you for the money and put this on your credit report. Never give a TV service or any other service your account# when you do this you are authorizing them to take money out whenever they see fit.