Phoenix, Arizona

According to a customer service response, Directv claims that there were three adult titles that were ordered on an old box 10 years ago and they were billing it to us NOW. First, I have all of the bills from them in 2003 and in no instance were any movies ordered by us then - we do not do pay per view at all.

Secondly, all of our old boxes and cards are still in our possession - and unplugged, so how the heck can their claim stand that they scanned the offending receiver and then bill us? Third, how the *** can they bill us for anything 10 years after the alleged fact?

We're talking to a lawyer, I smell a class action suit. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Comments

You ordered something? PAY FOR IT. That simple

Just received a call from Direct TV saying I owed $21 for 5 movies watched 7 years ago. This is after canceling their service for poor service and having to pay a $150 cancelation fee. They're ripping you off left and right

This is another one of their scams they use often They know the customer most likely does not have records that date back that far and cannot prove they did not order the movies. Good for you for standing up to them. The last class action law suit that was filed against DTV was in 2010 I believe and of course DTV lost and had to pay millions but none of the customers got anything that I am aware of and DTV was back to their old tricks the very next day.