Coverage Area
Style and Design

Originally started service back in the fall of 2014.I was living with my girlfriend and got DirecTV service for her house after her Dish was canceled.

By December, she decided she was kicking me out so I took my boxes with me when I left. I had gotten a 2 year contract with about 20 months to go. I decided to suspend the account and re-establish it when I got a place of my own. I was told that this was not a problem and that I just needed to let them know when I desired to re-establish service.

At this point in time I was renting a room and the people who rented to me already had service with DirecTV. Well, 2 years have gone by and I still don't have my own place. At this time I decided to turn the equipment in and just pay the contract termination fee. (about $20 a month × the amount of months the contract went unfulfilled.

About $400 for me) When I called I was told that the account had been turned over to collections and that I now owed over $900! They didn't want the equipment back because the charges were now "validated." After having the go-around with the lady on the phone, telling her that the account was suspended until further notice. She told me no and that the charges were "validated." I was also told that I understood at the time that accounts can only be suspended for 6 months maximum. I insisted that was not the case, that their associate had told me.

After several times of going back and forth on this I finally hung up on her. I am not paying any of it then and she knew what she could do with the charges.

Congratulations DirecTV!You not only lost me as a customer but also the people I live with and my parents who are also DirecTV customers.

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments