1.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years and was excited when they announced a partnership with directv.Prior to attempting to disconnect my directv services I was a highly satisfied customer and would have recommended the company.

However, cancelling services has been a complete nightmare. We are pregnant, and need to save money. Cancelling services at first seemed easy, as the representative I spoke to understood our situation. Returning our equipment has been a disaster!

We were told we would receive a mailer to return the equipment, after 16 days we had received no such mailer (might I add mail runs faithfully in our community and we've never had issues receiving mail). Two days ago I called to request another mailer. After speaking a completely incompotent representative, I hung up and dialed again. The next gentleman I spoke to was able to submit the request for the mailer and escalated my call to a technical support supervisor so we could discuss removal of the dish (the first representative told me I would need to climb on a ladder and remove it myself - while being 6 months pregnant).

The supervisor told me Directv typically doesn't pickup their equipment, they're only interested in the cards inside their boxes, but given the difficulty we had experienced with disconnection they would send a technician out to remove the satellite. We paid and paid installation fee to have it installed and a disconnection fee to have services ended AND the satellite was very poorly installed to begin with, so this seemed fair. We were told a technician would be out the following Monday between 8a-12pm. At 11:45 no one had show , so we called again.

The first representative was rude and unhelpful. So again, I dialed again. The next representative told me no notes had been made of my 31 minute call two days before. No technician was coming to our house and no appointment had ever been made.

So now... we've paid an installation fee, a disconnection fee, been lied to about a removal appointment, and missed a half day of work.

Directv doesn't seem to care that their representatives are inconsistent and blatantly lie to customers wasting everyone's time.I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!!!

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service representatives, Installers attitude, Being bothered by sales people, Unreliable appointment times, No local channels.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments