I have been a DirecTV customer for over 10 years. A little over a year ago (08/28/08), my Tivo DVR was having problems and I considered switching to Cable. Someone in the retention group convinced me to stick with DirecTV - they said they would throw in a Free HD DVR. I specifically asked if there was an addition contract commitment and they said there was not. I called to cancel my DirecTV today, and the 3 people I spoke with said that there would be a nearly $200 charge if I canceled now. I WOULD NOT have remained a Direct TV customer in 2008 if I had been told that there was a 2 year commitment involved - the technology changes too fast for any commitment longer than a year.

At this point I am switching to Cable for my TV viewing with a 1 year commitment. In a year I plan to investigate U-verse and satellite again, but since DirecTV refuses to resolve this billing dispute, Direct TV will not be considered.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #735227

We just signed up with Direct TV thinking it would give us better TV watching.Our favorite has been HGTV because there were so many design and gardening shows.

Now that we have committed, there are NO Design and Gardening shows. What has happened.

It is very tiresome going from house to house watching people try to buy or lease, argue over the fact - absolutely NO variety and completely NOT worth watching.When are you going to go back to better programming?