I'VE BEEN A DIRECTV CUSTOMER FOR SEVERAL YEARS. OUT OF THE BLUE, I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM'S CONNECT PROTECTION. REPLACING THE TV'S HDMI CABLE WITH COMPONET CABLES WILL ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THIS PROGRAM.

I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO SAYS I NEED NEW COMPONENT CABLES TO WATCH PREMIUM CHANNELS AND THAT I NEED TO BUY THEM. I TELL HER THAT THIS IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE EVERYTHING WORKED FINE THE NIGHT BEFORE. SHE HAS NO RESPONSE. I TELL HER THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CHANGE MY ENTIRE SETUP. SHE HAS NO RESPONSE. I TELL HER THAT I WANT A CREDIT BECAUSE THE MOVIE CHANNELS CAN'T BE VIEWED BUT I'M BEING BILLED FOR THEM. SHE SAYS THAT THE SYSTEM IS DOWN SO SHE CAN'T ADDRESS THAT MATTER.

*** DIRECTV. I'M MAKING PREPARATIONS TO SWITCH TO U-VERSE.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I hope you people that are complaining about someone's complaint don't have an issue with them in the future.I didn't sign up with them because of the Bully representative that said she couldn't give me rates until she secured my credit card number.

That should be illegal.So...they STILL SUCK!

Switch to U-verse.I would be happy to see that!

I hate *** bitchy *** customers like you. Hint hint U-verse has the same thing now too. The movie channels are doing that because of copy right protection. People have found ways to illegal download content via an hdmi cable.

Everyone is being forced to watch them via component cables now. Quit ***! Component cables can view up to 1080i! And guess what the movie channels only go up to 1080i.

Chances are if you buy a lot of ppvs that is the only thing you are getting in 1080p and that is the only time you are using the full potential of you hdmi cable. This is not a Directv issue, and this has nothing to do with their customer service it has everything to do with ignorant customers not realizing this is happening to everyone.

Switch *** and see what the *** happens.PS Directv will even send you free component calbes because they are nice like that you ***.

Be prepared to see the same ar u verse all prenium channels for all providers have this encryption. Go online and research hdcp proection