I work for Directv in customer service and I have realized why so many customers are not getting the help they want....the customer service reps have been battered and bruised by the callers and it has made them numb to the complaints.
I have answered the phone politely asking for the phone number on the account only to be cussed out before I am even told what the problem is. While trying to solve problems that I didn't cause...I have been called every name in the book. Customers call in with every lie you could imagine from...'oh, i must have sat on the remote and ordered 15 adult movies and now I want credit for them' to 'I know my bill is 2 months behind but you had no right to cutoff my program, it's not my fault the post office is taking 3 weeks to get the payment to you'.
Customers call in with the same teary stories....'I'm on a fixed income, I can't afford this bill, can you credit my account'---here's my answer to that--credit DENIED--IT'S TV--NOT OXYGEN AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE IF YOU DON'T WATCH HBO TONIGHT. Quit whining about the bad customer service you're getting because you are the people who made us customer service reps what we are. We are mothers, daughters, sons, fathers, sisters, brothers, etc. Would you talk to your family as horribly as you talk to the strangers trying to resolve your Directv problems?
You know the famous line from the movie 'Waiting'..."Don't *** with the people who fix your food"---same goes for dealing with customer service reps--Don't *** with the people who control your tv programs and billing.
Use the Golden Rule--treat others the way you'd like to be treated--you'll get much better results.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Remote.

Comments

WOW ~ I CANT BELIEVE a rep would write and say " Dont *** with with the people who control your tv programs and billing" this person should be FIRED! I f the company you WORKED for did not have you LIE for them and they lived up to what they ADVERTISE people would NOT have to complain! Find another job!

This is a perfect example to what's wrong with Directv and is terrible customer service staff. I've been trying to resolve a billing issue with them for months.

I'm always nice knowing I'm speaking with a simple minded rep (like the one who posted this review). They just put me on hold for a while and say please call back in three days. This has been going on for months. So, I've turned this over to the Office of the Attorney General in the state of Virginia.

No shock, they have a huge complaint file on Directv.

I will never use their product again. AVOID DIRECTV!!

No shock, they have a huge file on Directv. I will never use their produce again.