I canceled my DirecTV account & returned their equipment due to unsatisfactory customer service.

Without my permission DirecTV debited my bank account for the balance due. I called DirecTV asking that they credit the monies back to my account, send me a bill and I would send them a money order. They refused!

I spoke with representatives at my bank on two separate occasions; two different representatives told me that DirecTV is notorious for this type of action/transaction.

I am contesting the charge with my bank and have filed a complaint with the FTC.

I want everybody to be aware of DirecTV's unscrupulous practices. Apparently it is commonplace with them.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Well I can do you one better, DirecTV charged my account almost $300, and I not only DO NOT have DirecTV, but have NEVER had DirecTV! My bank most definitely let me dispute the charges and hopefully the matter has been resolved. Would LOVE to sue.

Silivri, Istanbul, Turkey #216114

This company operates unethically. I have reported them to the FTC and BBB.

Same thing happened to me. Just happened on my account yesterday. They claim they are authorized to do it...funny, it's my account and I did not authorize them to sdo so.

If you need sattelitem, use Dish...when I cancelled them a coupe of years ago, they did not raid or steal anything.

About time I resign up for them since I will never use DIRECTV ever again (and I have been a customer of theirs for 7 years and 2 years on two separate occasions.)

Is this how DirecTV does business?

It is very commonplace with DTV to help themselves to bank or credit card accounts. If your bank will let you dispute the amount do so and when the money is returned pending their investigation close the bank account so DTV cannot recharge your account.You can settle with the bank later..Go to ehow.com and read up on how to cancel/reverse early cancellation fees from DTV.Also,be sure to get a tracking # for the boxes that you return to them or they will try to charge you for those also.