1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Dec 07, 2016

UPDATE:

Guess who got a call this morning from the escalations group.ME!

Bottom line - nothing has changed, again, no one has been empowered to fix the problem.

Further, the recorded call from Nov 27th that they were going to pull and see if I was telling the truth, cannot be pulled….how convenient. The rep told me that since I was given NFL for free back in 2012 the flyer (2 of them) that I was sent doesn’t apply. So in other words, my account has been setup under false pretense. It appears I am stuck now for 2 years.

Again, your company is deceitful, there is NO knowledge from one department to the next, you have hooked my family into a 2 year agreement and NEVER explained the truth behind the offer and I have a *** dish on the front of my roof that no one will move. REAL classy organization. TV over the internet cannot come soon enough!!

I REPEAT, when my DTV is out of contract, I will NEVER do business with you again, when my cell phone is out of contract, I WILL switch to Verizon and when my ATT Fiber is out of contract I will switch to Google Fiber.

I am done with your company, useless customer service, no action and lies to get people in and under contract.

You should be ashamed.

I will share this story with everyone I come in contact with...Riding out my time, Jayme D

Original review posted by user Dec 06, 2016

For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service.Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor customer service and survey responses slide because I am too busy running a business and/or with my wife and 4 kids.

However, when the situation is soooo insane and the company is so fragmented in service and no one is empowered to resolve the issue immediately, I can’t help but voice my opinion. Now, because I have my own business, I do not turn to social media to rant and bash as I believe it is not a classy and professional decision. Issues should be able to be resolved in person or on the phone and not blasted in a defenseless manner. To be clear, I am not 100% proud of the language I used with the DTV reps, but when you are sent around to group after group, and mistake after mistake has happened with the promise and guise of simple and finally no one has the ability to solve your issue…..I lose my cool.

So this is my story…. The backstory is we have had DTV twice for a total of about 7 years as customer over the 2 periods, we were always the “higher end” programming customers and we would play the game of calling in every year to lower our bill from $150/$200 down. So the most recent customer period ended in Sept/Oct of this fall (2016). After seeing my ATT bill (Cell/Fiber/DTV) at a total of $500/mth for 6 months straight I decided to call in and get the DTV portion (average of $225/mth) lowered.

Essentially. I said if you keep my programming the same and my DTV bill is $125 all in, I will stay as a customer, they could not, so I disconnected and went to SlingTV combined with Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. My now total TV/Netflix bill is roughly $50 per month…with an antenna to get the local channels. As my good buddy would say, I went off the grid.

Everything was ok with this new setup, sometimes, it lagged but with 4 kids and busy life, really not that big of deal. Anyhow after 2-3 months of this and my wife opening these “come back” offers, I caved and called DTV on Nov 27th, 2016 to sign up with offer code WBK11. $19.99 per month (Select Pkg) and the $200 visa card. Remember, I already had service and so there is a dish on my roof….

So, I call in and after a lengthly call, I am told that if I call ATT and bundle my bill I will get an extra $10 off my DTV bill and so now the next tier up which is Choice, listed at $29.99 and includes NFL for the rest of this season and free next season, and after the $10 extra savings is the same as the entry level Select. No brainer, right? Holy ***, this has spun out of control into an over week long nightmare of having being told the wrong info about how much it actually costs, to having a second dish on the front of my roof (HOA nightmare), having the Entertainment Pkg??, missing my son’s first guitar concert last SATURDAY, to waiting for over a week for the escalation of this error to be sorted out while I wait without the programming promised and higher bill that I already paid them, to a video I took off my home surveillance camera of me losing my mind with the rep. Bottom line, DTV is the most screwed up company when it comes to customer problem resolution, no one has the power to fix anything and one group has no idea what the other group does.

We do a lot of shopping/business with Amazon, they have their customer service at the world class level, customer is always right, issue resolved 1st call = more business from me. Pretty simple. So, back to the 2nd dish. The installer came out Nov 28th did the usual, “I will be doing some work outside, then come in and finish the install”.

I am under the impression my current dish is being used and we are simply plugging in a cable and good to go. I come outside and the *** dish is on the front of my roof, I tell him that can’t be there and he says its the only place it can be. Well, my current dish up there use that one, we don’t use those anymore and the electronics have to be replaced. Ok, then change the electronics, we cannot go on roofs anymore.

He tells me to call in and ask for a move request and they will put a “special” order in. Everything else gets setup he leaves. So that afternoon an email comes in with the setup confirmation and I notice the bill is wrong. The rep when I called to “come back” told me that the main genie is free and a second genie mini is free, perfect b/c we only need 2!

As well, he told me the HD/DVR access is $20 per month and only the confirmation it’s $25. Lastly, I am on Select pkg and not the Choice Pkg…remember the $10 I save which makes Choice a no brainer. It’s principal at this point. So I call in that evening to place the dish move request and also have my account adjusted to reflect what we agreed upon with the first “come back” call.

Well, I get the appt for the dish move for the following Saturday and a *** escalation ticket has to be submitted to go “pull” the tape of the conversation to see essentially if I am lying or not about the free mini genie and $20 vs. $25 for the HD/DVR. In other words, he was not able to make the change while they look into, they first need to send it up the pole to confirm whether I am full of *** or not. How screwed up is that!

So now Saturday comes, the appt is from noon to 4pm. The tech shows up at 2:45pm and I explain to him that I need the dish moved out of sight from the street. He grabs his phone from his pocket, pulls up the work order and says he can’t do anything. The work order is for a technical issue!!

So I said change the work order to whatever you need, I have to get to my son’s guitar concert. He says, can’t do it. I call in and after trying to explain the situation 14 different ways and EVEN giving the tech my phone to explain, the *** rep closes the work order which frees him up and he gets assigned another customer. The tech tells me, I get paid by the job, unlike Time Warner and those other guys and so therefore if I help you I don’t get paid.

The rep on the phone tells me she is going to send out another tech Monday. At this point I have spent and afternoon for the install and roughly 30 minutes on the phone going no where and my wife and son have left to a concert I am going to not see. The tech is no gone, I have been passed around to 3 different departments b/c I am demanding that someone come out TODAY and fix this ***. As you can see my tone and language are getting ugly.

After about an hour on the phone, the rep says “sir, not that the dish is on the roof it is not our property or responsibly”. I lose my f-ing mind (I have a video to prove it which I will try and post). I am now seeing red, blood pressure through the roof. I finally say cancel my service I no longer want to do business with DTV.

He responds with that will be $400+ in cancel fee and we will mail out boxes to ship back the genies. I asked him, so the dish is mine and I can smash it? He says, yes. I hang up go to the garage but my ladder is not long enough…remember I am soo mad at this point.

My goal was to get the dish off my roof, video tape smashing it and send the it all to John Stankey’s office (CEO of ATT/DTV media). I was told by a long time ATT employee that John has a mantra of (I’m paraphrasing), no excuse customer service or something like that, essentially do what it takes to make the customer happy and keep them that way. So to close this piece of the story, my wife and I get in a big fight Saturday night on the way to a Christmas party as I told her I was going to smash the dish and to also call AMEX and challenge the $400+ cancel bill we are getting. Long story short, she talks me into reversing the cancel and keep working on sorting it out.

I called in last Sunday to check the status of the escalation, no movement, surprise surprise and also to ask them if they would flip on NFL for the day seeing how I was supposed to have it from the get go…the rep says, sorry we cannot do that until the resolution is complete. So fast forward to today, Tuesday Dec 6th. I am still waiting on that escalation to see if I am a liar, then based on that “resolution” my programming and bill will be adjusted assuming I am not “trying to swindle DTV”. At this point I really don’t care anymore if I get the $200 visa card, if they change my bill or programming.

I am going to ride out my 2 year contract and all along the way make sure I tell as many people as possible about this story and to stay away from DTV. I believe we are maybe 1-2 yrs away from full TV via the internet, Amazon, Google, Hulu and Apple are racing to get there first and when that happens, DTV will start the 1st day of their road to being obsolete. I cannot wait! Just like Amazon is disrupting the Macy’s, Uber is changing the taxi business, one of the great tech companies will disrupt and destroy DTV.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH DIRECTV AGIAN. When my ATT contract on my cell is up, I am moving to Verizon, when my ATT fiber internet contract is up, I will move to Google Fiber. This is the worst company, I am not sure why they advertise “highest in customer satisfaction”, it has to be based on some feature or measurement that is ***. John Stankey needs to go sit and learn from the executive at amazon who runs the customer service and experience.

Customer service is an investment and not an expense. Clearly ATT/DTV see it otherwise. I have spent too much time on this and I have NEVER been so upset, pissed off and angry at a company before.

Look how long this complaint is….who does this?Im out.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of directv installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $450. Directv needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned directv installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Directv.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments