1.5K views

Directv will not give existing customers specials they just want new customers and screw the rest.the run thank you specials that you cannot get to.

They will not give any kind of discounts to good paying long time customers. They suck i will change soon. i have sent emails and have asked them over the phone for any kind of discount. they say they do not care about the existing customers to give us discounts.

i hav told them I will go to another company and they don't care. They totally SUCK as a business.

They do not care if they lose existing customers who pay on time every month.

Comments

Yes, DirecTV customer here for over 10 years. I waited until my contract was up. I then called, hit the phone prompt to "cancel service" and I had a live operator in 10 seconds flat!

I told them I would leave and they can send me shipping labels for their 5 year old dated HD receivers.

I finally did get 4 new HD DVR's at 1/2 retail cost but had to fight for it. Where you get screwed as a long time DTV customer is when you need an equipment upgrade. These DVR's are $200+ retail.

Some miss the point here.Existing customers got them where they are.

What a sad, sorry business plan to screw the ones that helped you prosper.

It will backfire and the sooner the better.There are alternatives.

I agree!!!!!Direct doesn't give a hoot aout old customers.

Oh they'll dangle a carrot in front of your nose if your contract is almost up.I know---I've been with them for ,10 years.

Why should you get a discount?They have a fee for a service and that is the service you receive.

Do you get discounts from your electric company for being a long time customer. Oh you pay your bills on time? Why should that entitle you to a discount?

Companies offer deals to new customers to attract them to their service. This already means that you more than likely received one of these great deals when you signed up.

But guess what, companies lose money on these deals. Only when you begin to pay the regular price after the offer ends do they start to make money. This is why you don't keep getting them while you are an existing customer, otherwise these deals would simply be the regular price. Also, what do you think would happen if they stopped making these offers?

They wouldn't get any new customers because those people would go to someone who is offering deals.

Then what?They would go out of business because eventually all existing customer accounts are closed because we all die at some point

The truth is DirectTV does not really give discounts to anyone!this is just a scam to catch new suckers for 2 years! Read the fine print!Once the new customers have been hooked,they raise thier rates.there is always strings attached to their so called discounts and trying to get rid of DTV is another big scam

i'm sorry to hear all the complaints and i know how frustrating this can be.However, last i called..i was able to cut down at least $25 off my bill and i opt in for promo for existing customers..they call every other month with specials on movie and sport channels.

I also agree with the fact that it all comes down to who you speak to and how well you carry yourself on the conversation (i'm not saying that's the appropriate way of business, but FACT is, thats the reality).

first time i called..i spoke to a robot who kept repeating, "we're sorry but there is nothing we can adjust to give you this and that"..i hung up right away.call back in 10 minutes, i was prompted with a much friendlier person, she managed to get me on the specials, and i asked for a manager and she managed to cut down my bill by $25 without changing my plan.

I always pay on time they take it out of my ck acct every month. just because you probably got someone you could sweet talk. I asked to speak to a manager and nobody ever called me back.

what are you talking about it took me only 15 minutes the get a 20 discount from them and that wasnt een the reason i was calling, if you were a "good paying customer" like you said you could get discounts but most people i know that complaint are always paying late...

just my opinion

You must work for someone who doesn't care about there customers. It's that kind of atitude that is causing customers to look else where for there needs. Get a grip on yourself.

We were with Direct Tv 16 years.We have watched our bill contantly go up.

Recently when I called about the great deals that are going on now they said they were only for new comsumers. We have always paid our bill on time an been loyal to them.

Basically it was just to bad for us.Even when I asked about the long time we had been with the company it doesn't matter.