Bowling Green, Virginia

Per my contract with DirecTV, I'm eligible for new equipment (or an upgrade) every 2 years. I'm over 2 years, having issues with my main box, an older model Whole house DVR and want to swap out my main box for their new Genie and the 3 wireless remote boxes.

You'd think it's simple, but after no less than 3-4 calls, I am no closer. I'm going to ride out my NFL season, and switch to Dish as the 'Every 2 year upgrade of equipment' is a Scam. I was only allowed to switch out the 3 mini boxes via a 'promotion', not as part of my advertised 'Every 2 year equipment upgrade'.

I should note that I pay them over 200/monthly, and have disinterested Cust Svc Reps that offer no help. There's NO way i'd switch my 3 phones and a Jetpak to ATT with this kind of treatment.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Comments

Sorry that you've been treated this way but we understand. We have been faithful customers for nine years.

We've asked for upgrades several times and have been denied with a pack of excuses every time.

We just moved this month and I don't have the time or energy to describe the nightmare we experienced with them. Even the technician said Direct Tv doesn't care...

The Simmons in Oregon.