Coverage Area
Style and Design

On Dec.20, 2016, I contacted Directv to talk to them about switching from our cable company to them.

I was talked into a great deal (so I thought) and installation was scheduled for that afternoon. I gave her all our info...credit card, social (ya...I know...bad thing to do over the phone). We also wanted a home phone and internet. The Directv rep.

switched me to "another department" that would take care of that part. This guy I talked to was completely suspicious to me from the get-go and I finally asked if he wasn't part of Directv. He struggled to make an explanation about how he worked "for" Directv. It dawned on me then that he wasn't exactly Directv...he was Frontier Communications which has a horrible reputation and many lawsuits against them.

I immediately told him I did not want this service and hung up. I called Directv back and talked to a different Rep. and told him I wanted to cancel the installation and the new account. He asked me why and I told him I didn't want to do business with Frontier.

He said, "We don't contract with Frontier." It seems to me that the girl I talked to to set up my service with Directv must have had her own reason to send me to Frontier. Yesterday, January 21, 2017, I got a call from Discover to let me know possible fraudulent charges were on our card. After talking to them there were over $2500 charged to our card. Unfortunately, there is no way to contact anyone in management at Directv to file a complaint.

You only get a customer service rep. to talk to and that doesn't go anywhere. Be aware Directv has unscrupulous people working there. Don't give out ANY personal information to anyone over the phone.

I learned my lesson!Oh, yes...I also have a $21 charge from Directv when I set up our account still on my Credit card that they say will be credited back but I'm not holding my breath.

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Used my credit card fraudulently.

Preferred solution: Criminal charges filed against employee.

I didn't like: Fraudulent use of my credit card.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments