I am the owner of a 50 unit apartment building in West Los Angeles.I discovered just recently that AT&T DirecTV ignored and violated my alarmed roof access door and proceeded to walk on my flat roof and then installed one of their dishes at the request of my tenant, without contacting property management or me the owner.

When I called AT&T’s office of the president they informed me that their policies are responsive to tenant requests and that they have no obligation to get the permission of the property owner or management. This is preposterous. Our roof has no guard railing and therefore is it dangerous to walk on and is in violation of OSHA laws to work on without proper safety precautions (https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3755.pdf ), yet I am aware of no precautions taken by AT&T DirecTV to protect their workers. Further, a worker walking on a large flat roof like ours can step on nails or other debris and pierce the waterproofing membrane and cause water to leak into our top floor apartments.

AT&T DirecTV has indicted to me that this is not their concern. On AT&T’s own website forum they recognized that they cannot install their dishes on apartment building roofs ( https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Installation/Moving-to-apartment-with-installation-restrictions/td-p/4706798 ) but they do it with complete disregard for the building owner's property rights.

I see this as just another example of a large company putting themselves above others, as we all just saw with United Airlines.ONE MORE BAD CORPORATE CITIZEN.

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Preferred solution: payment for the consequences of the mistake made by DirecTV.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Stodd1

My next contracts will have in bold letters, NO DIRECT TV OR AT&T installations can be performed on this property! If you don't like it, contact this service providers for a rental unit to live in.

Stodd1

Well My Friend when it comes to installation, they just get people in the neighborhood to sign a completion form at random too.