Battle Ground, Indiana

Our Directv service was bundled with CenturyLink. However, CenturyLink has such slow internet and our bill kept going up for no reason, we cancelled and went with someone else. This put our Directv as its own bill for the last 2 month's. I logged on to check out our bill balance and noticed we were being charged $42 a month for some NFL package. When I called I was told we had been paying for it since the begining of the season. When asked, the rep could not show where we ordered it but advised we still had to pay for it. He also said there was a note on our bill when it started...hello...we were bundled and NEVER got a bill from Directv...only one consolidated bill from Centurylink up until 2 months ago. I asked for a supervisor and was placed on eternal hold. Since I was at my office, I finally had to hang up after 30 minutes of hold time. We are cancelling them as soon as the contract end date comes up. Do not go into a contract with these people, they will add packages you dont ask for and expect you to pay for it. This is the 3rd time they have done thus to us. I am filing complaints with all of the below agencies...I recommend you do as well.

FCC

FTC

BBB

AG

CPA

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Internet Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

The same thing happened to us! It took a long time to get the rep to reverse the charge and my husband had to get an attitude with him.

We HATE sports, would never want it. The rep acted as if it were blasphemy. Sorry for anyone goes through this with DirecTV. The company is awful.

As soon as our contract is up (thankfully very soon) we are simply watching Netflix.

We did that for six years and now I remember why we made that choice.