Directv breaks laws all the time.My experience with this company is ongoing and I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau (Directv lied to them) and Consumer Affairs, the FCC and coming soon: State and Federal Courts.

I see a "60 Minutes" special in the future. Please all join in for a class action lawsuit. This company is pure trash. Cancel your accounts with Directv and cut off their access to your accounts (they will illegally keep charging you) and protect yourselves while you can.

This company is out to make as much money as possible before being shut down by the Feds.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

#1119970

Hey Seymour Butts, your the one who is pathetic.You can't speak on behalf of all the consumers bad reviews.

I was and have been deceived by directv as many others have as well.

Maybe you should work for these criminals, since your clearly on the same page with these idiots!Sincerely a very did satisfied directv customer.

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on...

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

Directv is a shady outfit that lies through their teeth. I'm dumping them as soon as my contract is up.

Toa Baja, Toa Baja, Puerto Rico #16061

Directv are crooks, liars, and

_ _ _ holes. Oh, and they will steal

money from your checking acct.

They will trick you into giving them permission to tap your checking acct.

When you never would have done so EVER for any reason. The want debit or credit card # for ID purposes only but "will never use it". (I paid by check only.)

Except when they lie to you get you in a 2 year deal at an agreed price only to raise it about 25.00 per month after 3 months. I would not have accepted the deal for 25.00 more. I could barely afford what we agreed

and stressed that to the rep.

Oh one more thing, I had been a happy subscriber for 1 year and about 2 months before my 1 year agreement was up I started having trouble with one of my converters.

That started a down hill roller coaster

of *** with directv. They stole 500.00

from my acct. I am working on getting it back.

I even have an email from my rep saying they will not raise my bill. They did not care to see it.

Fort-Mahon-Plage, Picardy, France #14405

I am starting the legal process with the company, took money out of my account and add all sorts of fees , longer contract dates i did not agree to.VERY BAD STUFF !!!!!

NO DIRECT TV!!!!! U HAVE A COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!

WASTE OF MONEY!!

Suzhou, Jiangsu, China #13321

Been using them for years! Great service and I do not believe you.